• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor in the making PT2

NiteSeer

BOTL, thank you for your interest in my project. I want to share some pictures with you. As you can see, in the first picture, I have completed the front, back and side panels. Each panel is made up of several pices glued together. I want all my glue joints nice and tight. (Got to have a joiner and some good planes to accomplish this goal) Eventually, after sanding, staining, and varnishing each panel will look like one piece of wood.
001-1.jpg

In the next picture you will see what the top will look like(Tiger wood). The top will be inserted in a dado to allow for some expansion. Most of the humidors that are on the market are made out of mdf and covered with a veneer. This type of construction does not have to worry about wood expanding and therefor cracking the sides or warping.
002.jpg

Here I wanted to show you that I will use miter joints to fasten the sides together. Miters are not easy to do. All the miter joints will be reinforced for strength.
004-1.jpg

I will use Baltic Birch for the bottom of the humidor. I will use a rabbet joint for this process
003-1.jpg

Cool project! I wish I had the skills to do something like that.

I'd suggest keeping it all in one thread though so it's easier for us to follow the progress.

Definately keep us updated. This looks like it has some serious potential.

If things turn out well and the price isn't too high, I may have to place an order! :D