• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

humidor in wine cooler

cpworld

Is there any reason why I couldn't put my Daniel Marshal humidor in the wine cooler and set the temp to 70? I don't have the time or the tools to make and put cedar shelves and lining in.

That should work just fine. Won't have to worry about humidity leaking out as long as your humidor has a good seal. You might want to set the temp a little lower since you'll now have that option. I store my cigars @ 63-65deg and 65rh in my freezador.

Thanks I'll go for it. I don't see any signs of beetles yet even though the temp has been around 80 in my humidor for several weeks. Didn't even realize the potential problem until my freind mentioned it to me, then I began researching and wow.

Gotta get them cool!

Ok I purchased a small Emerson wine cooler for $80, didn't want to spend $200 for the Vinotemp - missed the sale at Target by one week. Anyway my Daniel Marshall won't fit so I used an old humidor and an old Cigar box. Seems to be working - check out the photo in my CP album. When the summer is over I will move my cigars back into their Daniel Marshall home.

Be real careful with the Emerson wine coolers. I have one now that, no matter what I do, I can't remove the intense plastic smell from it. I don't know the model number but it can hold eight bottles of wine. I thought about putting my humi in there as well, but even with a tight seal on the humi I don't want to chance that stink embedding itself in my sticks.

I still have the box and plan on returning it in exchange for a Vinotemp or a larger, quality humi.

I've got a lil humidor inside a lil wine cooler, works perfect. keeps the humidity for a long time, and stays around 70 degrees. I'd like to get a bigger wine cooler and bigger humidors though.... way easier, IMO, than lining it and whatnot. It's too hot here for the cooler to maintain any type of humidity because it runs all the time.