• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

humidor jar

dillonv

I have been thinking about making one of those plasic jars with the air tight seals into a humi jar. I have some spanish cedar I could cut into a circle for the bottom of the jar.. then I could put a humidifier on the underside of the lid with velcro. Does this sound like it would keep some smokes humi-fresh? :)

It will work as my first was a brown glass Indian jar. Just be careful as water may build on the glass, and I had a couple sticks that were too long and got crushed.

With your modifications, it sounds as if you will be a o.k. Check out This one as well. I found a Cohiba jar for $1,600.

I've got a plastic one I use. It holds 40. Good Jar for starting out.

If you own a food saver vaccum, I would check out their vaccum jars. When even I run out of room in my humidors thats what I use. I do not vaccum all the air out, just enough to keep the lid on tight. I also use these vaccum jars to calibrate my digtal hygrometers.

as a cool 'side-humidor' I picked up one of the Montecristo Delacroix jars for $20 [empty] and am keeping a few cigars in there.

works well, and has a nice seal.

A jar works fine, except you have to watch out for some slight damage to the foot of the cigars as you put them in.

Shadow said:
A jar works fine, except you have to watch out for some slight damage to the foot of the cigars as you put them in.
[snapback]154576[/snapback]​

which is why I keep mine in those cigar baggies insode the jar.

I have an acrylic jar too. It's great, I always take it to Vegas with me. That's really all I use it for, my travel humidor.

Ya know Rod, that is a really good idea!
Will have to think about that more often, would hold a lot more than my 5-cigar otterbox

:thumbs: