• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor not staying humid?

I did the humidifier thing a few years back. At 70% in winter weather, moisture will form on the cold windows and eventually mildew will form on the window sill so keep an eye on it.

i hear if you pee on the humidifacation device and then put it in your humidor, it'll make your cigars saltier.

but the humidity will go up.

63 is a pretty good percent to be at.
65, imho, is optimal.

thejollyco said:
i hear if you pee on the humidifacation device and then put it in your humidor, it'll make your cigars saltier.
yeah, that's the ancient indian method of preserving cigars -- before humidors were invented. I hear they just tossed cigars, pemmican, and some spices into a leather deerskin bag and pissed in it. Preserved the cigar for years.

I bet Climmax beads would get that baby where you want it. When setting up my humi I had the opposite problem, too much humidity. Then again 70 to 100% humidity is normal here.

It was up to 68% this morning -- I'm removing the glass with the distilled water-soaked paper towel. We'll see in a few days if it holds steady!

Well folks, looks like patience is a virtue. The box still doesn't close as tightly as other humidors I've seen in my time, but I'll be damned if we aren't at 69% humidity with nothing other than the Credo in the box. It's been holding steady for a few days too.

It must just be the way these Diamond Crown boxes are designed. Working like a charm now! :D

moki said:
So the question is... am I being too impatient, or is this really a case of a box that just isn't quite cut tight enough?

Hmmmmm, there's a joke in here somewhere, let me think.......
banana2.gif

Bat_Chief said:
moki said:
So the question is... am I being too impatient, or is this really a case of a box that just isn't quite cut tight enough?

Hmmmmm, there's a joke in here somewhere, let me think.......
banana2.gif
Well, we don't know what you do with YOUR humidor, but you've given us an unfortunate glimpse into the twisted world that is Bat_Chief. :)

My hygrometer read 60, now it's at 40. It's day one that I have mine. What gives?? ??? BTW-how in the world do you fill a credo?

SFG75 said:
My hygrometer read 60, now it's at 40. It's day one that I have mine. What gives?? ??? BTW-how in the world do you fill a credo?
put it in a bowl of distilled water or 50/50 mix and let it soak up. pull out and let drip dry. it is then ready to place back in humi.