• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor on ebay?

CigarJim

Banned
Whatya guys think of this??

http://cgi.ebay.com/150-ct-LUXURY-CLEAR-TOP-WOOD-CIGAR-HUMIDOR-BRAND-NEW-/270638484465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f034f8bf1

why so cheap?

they have a bunch like this at prices similar to this as well....

Jim

Could be lots of things. Probably mass produced over in China. It may or may not hold a seal. It is possible it will work for you or possible that it is junk. You have to decide if its worth the risk. Auction says they have a guarantee so whats your time worth?

What they said. "Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Divider" means there's probably one little piece of cedar (spanish? doesn't say...) in the divider and that's it.

Wife got me an ebay humidor a while back and it was junk. Wouldn't hold a seal and was recharging beads every week. Not worth your time.

-John

ok, thats what I figured, but I thought I would ask...

That lined with dried cedar divider was sketchy too I thought!

Jim

Save yourself the trouble,get a coolidor.
Works great and have a lot of space,much more than a regular desktop humidor.

Here is a good guide on how to build one.

No doubt...a cooledor is the way to go...especially for long term storage.

You have to be careful of these ebay humidors. One guy was trying to convince buyers that spanish cedar isnt important to a humidor and only adds smell. His humi's were MDF. Also this humidor in question has a glass top which is notorious for leaking humidity.

Nearly all of the humidors sold these days are cheap, Asian made boxes. Most of them will work O.K., but anyone who becomes serious about cigars quickly outgrows a typical desktop humidor. What most people don't know is that if you get more than one desktop humidor, they breed and overpopulate and eventually end up in the homeless humi shelter. Better to start off with a coolerdor until you can justify buying a quality cabinet.

I'm just going to join the same comment, no mention of spanish cedar, no sure seal, but they are willing to steal your hard earned money.

Bad deal.

Several years ago when I was looking for a humidor there was another vendor on eBay who claimed that all of the "Easy Source" humidors were fake. I think mainly they claimed they were not lined with Spanish cedar and may have actually been lined with a true cedar. For those of you that don't know, Spanish cedar is actually a species of mahogany.

I bought my 60 count off ebay and have no problem with it. I'm actually quite happy with it.

You have to be careful of these ebay humidors. One guy was trying to convince buyers that spanish cedar isnt important to a humidor and only adds smell. His humi's were MDF. Also this humidor in question has a glass top which is notorious for leaking humidity.

My coolidor doesn't have Spanish cedar and my cigars taste just fine and it maintains humidity just fine.

My coolidor doesn't have Spanish cedar and my cigars taste just fine and it maintains humidity just fine.

Spanish cedar, no Spanish cedar, no problem. But using a true aromatic cedar may make your cigars taste like cedar.