• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Seal

bluestone

Reaction score
I just purchased a humidor from www.cigarextras.com and I guess it's a display humidor??? It has a door that opens downward. My question is I noticed when the door is closed there is 1/4" gap on three sides of it that I can see into the humidor. There is no seal. I called the place and they said it will work fine. I'm thinking I should return it. Will it work?

Jim

Here we go again. Return the humidor and read the multiple threads on the subject. Didn't you read the primer I just topped?

Blue,

No worries. If you put a bright flashlight inside the humi, close the lid and can see light leak ou tin a dark room, you've got a problem. Take it back to the store. Bring along your flashlight. Preferably a SureFire L4 Digital Lumamax witht eh 5W Luxeon LED emitter.

Wilkey

A 1/4" gap is extremely severe....no question the humidor will not hold humidity, and is clearly defective. I would return it to the place you purchased it.

Blue,

No worries. If you put a bright flashlight inside the humi, close the lid and can see light leak ou tin a dark room, you've got a problem. Take it back to the store. Bring along your flashlight. Preferably a SureFire L4 Digital Lumamax witht eh 5W Luxeon LED emitter.

Wilkey

Hey, you got your flashaholism in my cigar thread!
You got your cigar thread in my flashaholism...two great tastes that taste great together!

I just put a cree Q-2 (I think) in an aftermarket reflector into a 6P...somewhere in the 200 lumens neighborhood...not nearly the great floody beam of my L4, though. It throws forever, for an LED without optics.

That Cree is a nice LED. AmondoTech offers some nice Cree-based throwers.

If you like the floody beam, slap on a SF holographic diffusion beamshaper filter. Very effective. I think the 6P version comes in a flip-up variety.

Wilkey

Nice retroReeses reference, BTW. ;)

The new Cree LEDs are getting incredible. 100lm at 350mA, 240 @ 1A. THere are a few others coming down the pike right now that will keep up of even surpass it.
I have the diffuser and the red for the 6P and the red for the L4. I really never use the diffuser, becasue the L4 is my flood, and I have it on me for indoor, close distance backyard stuff. The 6P (actually, the 6PD withthe crenelated bezel) is the city walking light and G2 is the car-light.
THe McLux Titanium PD-S is the fancy light. Ah...stupid hobbies...I need a few more, It think.

Thanks for the Reeses props.

Blue,

Wilkey

now how would he ever have found that using the search feature?

Blue,

Wilkey

now how would he ever have found that using the search feature?

flashlight :whistling:

For a sec I thought I was in this forum

http://www.candlepowerforums.com

Nah, I've been over there looking into aspheric Mag mods. I want to overdrive a Q2 (to about 1100mA) in a 3D mag running 4c's, and put it behind an aspheric optic. Should be able to hit reflectors at 1000 feet, pretty easily. Should also be able to light up just about the area of a car at the end of my street pretty easily from my back yard at a level well beyand what someone would like to tolerate at night.

The Cree drop in from dealextreme for the SF 6P fits in a Brinkman Maxfire perfectly and if any one can show me pics that their mod is prettier than mine to make their Maxfire use 18650’s I will send them 5 free 18650’s.

Les

Check out Gene Malkoff's drop in. Instead of starting from scratch, I believe he is starting with the DX drop-in and better-izing it. I have run them side by side, and am 100% behind Gene's drop-in. I have no experience with them in the Maxfire.