• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor tetris help...

HenrysCigar

:: Phillies World Series Champs ::
Hello everyone.
Been searching and reading for an answer and was wondering.... Can I rest cigar boxes on there sides and tops in my humidor? I have ran out of room and wondering if this is okay to do?
Thanks ahead of time and I really appreciate all the great reading and help I get from everybody here.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Not that I'm the expert but I have a couple of boxes standing on their sides and top. I'm real careful putting them in there as to not disturb them to much, letting them roll around and such. I haven't had any problems with tearing or damage. I say "sure", but as I said I'm no expert. Just my $.02.

Henry, you know I will help you with anything you want to send my way to make more room for you. ;)

As far as standing them on their sides I really don't see a problem with it.

I really can't see that being a problem at all, as long as the boxes are going to open and spill the sticks everywhere.

Not a problem. Because of my cooler setup, I have about 50% stored on their sides. For the size and shape of cooler I use, this provides much easier and quicker access. There is no technical reason one cannot safely store boxes on their side.

Wilkey

Just be careful when taking the boxes in/out. Personal experience says that sealing the box in some fashion to keep the top from flying open if it doesn't already have a clasp or nail is a wise decision. My own idiocy taught me this lesson the hard way. :angry:

I have been storing a most of mine in boxes on their sides in a coolerdor with no problems,

Thanks for the help everyone. I have them stacked up everywhere possible and then some.
I am gonna have to get bigger soon. :p