• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor with dual zones for Humidity!

ArlinLiss

I have been commisioned to build a humidor that is [to the best of my knowledge] a first of its kind!

The humidor will be able to house cigars at +/- 60-65% RH on one side, while housing cigars on the opposite side at +/-65- 70% RH.

Two independant humidors in one cabinet! Both having their own RH and Temp controllers!

The client came up with the idea and WOW what a concept!

Arlin I'm sure it will be a functional work of art. Let us know when you start to post pictures of the build on your web site.

This is something I would love to see picks of when finished, Arlin. I'm sure it will be spectacular!!

I have been commisioned to build a humidor that is [to the best of my knowledge] a first of its kind!

The humidor will be able to house cigars at +/- 60-65% RH on one side, while housing cigars on the opposite side at +/-65- 70% RH.

Two independant humidors in one cabinet! Both having their own RH and Temp controllers!

The client came up with the idea and WOW what a concept!

It's been around for a while now....it's called an 'End Table with Desktop'!

:D

I hope to see some pictures.

That sounds like a really interesting project. How large is it going to be?

Keep up posted on your progress. Lots of pictures.

Very cool concept to have it all-in-one, yet separate. Please keep us posted...

Interesting, I thought they already had something like this, but I'm surprised they don't rock on! I'd like to see the pics too when you get the build underway! have fun!

Ok that sounds awesome I would love to see updates as you build it. I grew up with a grandfather who owned a cabinet shop in Central California and if I had the room I probably would have a shop of my own now. rp

Now THAT is something i have got to see, it sounds Awesome, keep us up on what's going on with this. This sounds like a great project.

The concept for larger humidors with dual climate control zones has been around a while & does work nicely. We have built several larger Aristocrat Mxt's with multiple zones over the last fewe years.

I doubt even these were the first--I vaguely remember reading about something similar in the late 90's using a multi zone wine cellar. Since it used compressor technology for cooling, I would imagine controlling RH was a bit more challenging.

Here is a link to a couple built a year or so ago & the dual zone restoration of the humidor salvaged from the Plaza Hotel in NYC before it was demo'd.

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/mxt-dual...atecontrol.html

cheers

Bob Staebell

Bob,

Pull up a chair and stay a while. :thumbs: Got any samplers you want to give away? :laugh:

The concept for larger humidors with dual climate control zones has been around a while & does work nicely. We have built several larger Aristocrat Mxt's with multiple zones over the last fewer years.

I doubt even these were the first--I vaguely remember reading about something similar in the late 90's using a multi zone wine cellar. Since it used compressor technology for cooling, I would imagine controlling RH was a bit more challenging.

Here is a link to a couple built a year or so ago & the dual zone restoration of the humidor salvaged from the Plaza Hotel in NYC before it was demo'd.

cheers

Bob Staebell
Bob...you are the man. Quality work as always.

I can't begin to tell you how much I love the humidor you built for me...and you were right, I should have gone bigger!
================================================================

I can't wait to see yours Arlin...make sure you post pics of the build procedure :thumbs:

The concept for larger humidors with dual climate control zones has been around a while & does work nicely. We have built several larger Aristocrat Mxt's with multiple zones over the last fewe years.

cheers

Bob Staebell

Perhaps it's not the first of its kind, Arlin, but it's still a great thing.

You gentlemen both make such attractive humidors, and the reviews of their functionality and in-person attractiveness are always positive.

I can't wait to order one, or purchase a used unit, someday.

Cheers to you both.