• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidty for different cigars

Jmcarriere

I am sure this has been asked before but I can not find the answer. Do different cigars from different countries or even with different wrappers smoke better or store better at different RHs? I never gave it much thought until I had a Perdomo Habano Sun Grown crack on me while smoking from the start as I kept all my sticks at 65% in tuppedors and my local shop said that was to low for those types of sticks. So then I brought 1 tuppedor up to 69% and then 2 sticks a mi querido and an HVC hot cake were such a tight draw and would not stay lit that I gave up on the hot cake but the mi querido lossened up and stayed lit after the first 3rd.

If you look up "dry boxing" it will change your life. Tons of discussion on how to maintain the cigars and then prep them for smoking. Some regional discussion as well.

Also, what was the weather/climate when you smoked the exploder? It's not uncommon for cigars to attempt to grenade in cold, winter weather and biting climate. As mentioned, look up "dry box" on here, and take notes.