• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humipacks that come with Arturo Fuente Cigars

Bill Clinton

Part of the Ron Jeremy Generation
I just recently obtained a sealed box of Arturo Fuente Anejo #55's that I currently stored inside my footlocker humidor.
When I opened up the Anejo box, I found an Arturo Fuente Humipack inside a white envelope sitting on top of the cigars. In order to get proper humidity out of the humipack, do I need to take the humipack out of the little white envelope that it came in? Currently, I have the humipack still inside the envelope sitting on top of the cigars inside the Arturo Fuente box just like I found it when I opened up the box. I also have the lid on the box open less than 1/4" inch to allow the humidity to circulate inside the box.

What's the proper way of using an Arturo Fuente Humipack? Please give me directions on how to properly use the humipack.

Thanks,
George G.

My understanding is that they are activated and "running" when you get them. I just leave them, as is, in with the cigars in my cooler. My understanding is that they absorb as well as give off humidity.

If someone else knows better than I, I'm sure I'll be corrected.... :p

Regards - B.B.S.

When you put the cigars in your humi, throw the humipak away, or use it in your portable humidor. The humipaks are set for 69-70%, so if you keep your humidor at any other humidity, it will be fighting the humipak.

JK

JimK said:
When you put the cigars in your humi, throw the humipak away, or use it in your portable humidor. The humipaks are set for 69-70%, so if you keep your humidor at any other humidity, it will be fighting the humipak.

JK
[snapback]263880[/snapback]​

What if the humidor which contains the cigar box with the humipack inside it has a hard time reaching 70% humidity? The humidor that I put the Arturo Fuente box in is having a hard time attaining 70% humidity. The humidity level is currently between 65% to 67% and it drops down to 63% every 4 to 7 days. I have to recharge the humistats and the beads every 5 to 7 days to keep the humidity level in the mid to high 60's. Do I still need to throw out the humipack with these particular conditions? Can the humipack ruin the cigars if I keep it inside the Arturo Fuente box with the cigars? I would like to know if it's safe to keep the humipack inside the cigar box while it's inside my humidor?

Mr. President,

Say you have 65% humidity beads and a 70% AF humi pack. The beads absorb the moisture above 65%, keeping the moisture at 65% or lower (assuming they aren't completely saturated). The humi pack absorbs moisture above 70% relative humidity, therefore keeping it at 70% or lower, at least until the point of saturation. They won't battle each other, the media that absorbs the most moisture (65% beads) simply absorbs the extra moisture that the 70% media does not. Ergo, your humidity would be kept at 65%.

So in conclusion, you need more beads. Or, instead of charging the beads directly, try keeping some floral foam with water in it in your humi at all times. I can't think of any reason you need to throw out the humi pack.

EDIT - Slight spelling error. Bill would have skinned me alive.

Send me the box of Anejo's..... I'll store them for ya and will let ya know how things work out.....

Somebody had to say it........

I think the humipacks are only effective for a short time. It may say on the pack.

You need a reliable method of keeping your humidor stable, and a humipak is not it. Your 65% beads will eventually absorb all the moisture from your 70% humipak, and then it will be dead. I don't recommend them for anything other than throwing in a portable humi (like a cigar caddy), if you prefer your portable humi to be 70%.

Get more beads.

JK

What's in the Humidipaks? I have a couple sitting in an unused humidor with 65% beads. I just use it when I go on vacation. I assume it's not something that will lose its effectiveness after just a little while.

The humidipacks probably have a 50/50 mix of PG and water in some sort of a gel matrix.

JimK said:
You need a reliable method of keeping your humidor stable, and a humipak is not it. Your 65% beads will eventually absorb all the moisture from your 70% humipak, and then it will be dead. I don't recommend them for anything other than throwing in a portable humi (like a cigar caddy), if you prefer your portable humi to be 70%.

Get more beads.

JK
[snapback]264034[/snapback]​

Will the humipack ruin anything if I just leave it inside the full box of Anejo cigars? I ALSO have 3 of the 4 oz. tubes of the 70% beads inside the humidor.

The humipack is located inside the full box of Arturo Fuente Anejo cigars. It's sitting on top of the cigars.
You don't think that the Humipack will do any harm to my cigars if I leave the humipack inside the cigar box even though I also have the 3 tubes of the 4 oz. beads inside my humidor and the 2 humistats on the inside of the humidor lid do you?

Bill Clinton said:
George G.
[snapback]263875[/snapback]​

and your screen name is Bill Clinton... ???

George or Bill :laugh:

The humi packs last a period of 6 months. It doesn't matter if you leave them in or not. Your best idea with the packs is to put them in a ziploc bag, and whenever you go out and take some cigars with you, put them in the same bag as the humipack, and it will keep them at perfect 70... :D

Bill Clinton said:
You don't think that the Humipack will do any harm to my cigars if I leave the humipack inside the cigar box even though I also have the 3 tubes of the 4 oz. beads inside my humidor and the 2 humistats on the inside of the humidor lid do you?

And if they thought it'd do "damage" they wouldn't put them in there in the first place

Humi packs are amazing inventions. I think they use some combination of salts inside to make them work.

They last 3-9 months, depending on how you use them. I left one in my car during the summer, it dried out completely and was very hard feeling. So I think you'll know when they go bad.

I was thinking, since they absorb moisture as well as dispel it, can they be recharged? It seems that they could, but I have never tried.

Pyre said:
Humi packs are amazing inventions. I think they use some combination of salts inside to make them work.

They last 3-9 months, depending on how you use them. I left one in my car during the summer, it dried out completely and was very hard feeling. So I think you'll know when they go bad.

I was thinking, since they absorb moisture as well as dispel it, can they be recharged? It seems that they could, but I have never tried.
[snapback]264683[/snapback]​

You can recharge them, but only a couple times - they tend to get really soggy after one or two recharges, then they dry rock hard and stop absorbing water (stick them in a tupperware container sealed with a small dish of distilled for a few days to recharge them)

These humidipaks are not active when you receive them -- you need to take them out, and hit them with something hard, like a hammer or a rock... you need to break the internal seal so that the propylene and glycol inside mix.

moki said:
These humidipaks are not active when you receive them -- you need to take them out, and hit them with something hard, like a hammer or a rock... you need to break the internal seal so that the propylene and glycol inside mix.
[snapback]264747[/snapback]​

If this is true, then WHY aren't there any directions that tell us to do that on the himipack? This is the first time that I heard about this.

Bill Clinton said:
moki said:

If this is true, then WHY aren't there any directions that tell us to do that on the himipack? This is the first time that I heard about this.
[snapback]264780[/snapback]​

:whistling:
???
:laugh:

moki said:

really LMAO!