• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hurricane Harvey Contest - H-Town Edition

9 days of rain, 24 inches, 2 days without power = 35

Hope you fare well during the storm. It's an awesome thing of nature and it's really incredible to experience as long as you're safe.

9 days of rain, 24 inches, 2 days without power = 35

Hope you fare well during the storm. It's an awesome thing of nature and it's really incredible to experience as long as you're safe.

Been here all my life, and Hurricane Alicia was my first experience, so can definitely agree with that.

It is amazing how much property these storms can destroy.

6 days of rain. 19.41 in of rain 3 days without power.

Total: 28.41

There's so much water rushing down my driveway it is causing a miniature rapids where it collides with the water going to the bayou.

Bayou is just about a foot before it breaks out of the banks.
IMG_20170827_012928.jpg

Based on what I just saw on TWC, it looks like the rainfall is already about 18 inches!

The flood gauge closest to my house is showing 14.4"

Just got internet back, so it would just plain be cheatin' to guess at this stage. Weather man says 20" down, 20" more coming. And you may NEVER get that power back on!

Stay safe, bro. Stay safe.

~Boar

Just got internet back, so it would just plain be cheatin' to guess at this stage. Weather man says 20" down, 20" more coming. And you may NEVER get that power back on!

Stay safe, bro. Stay safe.

~Boar

Glad you're safe and sound.

Missed us this time. Heading straight at us then veered north of the Bay; center hit about 50 miles away. We took a little damage and power was out all over town a couple days, but nothing like what the rest of the coast got. We were lucky.

~Boar