• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hurricane Ike

Turk10mm

Just smokin
Well, it looks like Ike is making a b-line for Galveston. I'm typically down for a good hurricane, gives me a chance to revert back to caveman status with sending the women off, packing guns, stocking up on beanie weenies, gasoline, and all the stuff a man might need in a short term apocalypse. But damn, I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks. I don't need the place I'm getting married in destroyed by high wind and the 100 year old oaks surrounding it.

We're only about 25 miles from the coast, so we get it pretty hard in my neck of the woods. I hate to wish it on someone else, but any other time and I'd be ready with my cold beer, spray painted signs with "Looters will be shot, and then shot again" etc.

Wish us luck on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Good luck man... I thought it was gunna head this way at first so I had my storm shutters put up but now it seems to be getting further from the SW Florida coast.

Yeah, I've been having to watch the Weather Channel far too often the past couple of weeks. Turk10mm, did you evacuate during Rita a few years back?

Yeah, we got friends in Baytown.

Best to ya' and hang on tight. Looks like it's gonna pack a wallop!!

Good luck to ya and everyone on the Gulf Coast. Last I saw (linky) it looks more like it will Bay City and Matagorda.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='722068' date='Sep 8 2008, 05:39 PM']Good luck to ya and everyone on the Gulf Coast. Last I saw (linky) it looks more like it will Bay City and Matagorda.[/quote]

<--<--I hope your wrong look where I live. We're only 20 miles from the coast.

First congrads on the wedding.

Since I went through Gustav, I'll take this one too for a felloew BOTL. I am only 5 miles from the gulf in Louisiana. I already have the guns and ammo out, surplus in gas, mres and water, and the tats are here.

I did lose my cheap humi in Gustav with 15 smokes, lucky enough it was only 7 ok sticks and some other Thompson crap. I will not lose any this time. Plus it gives me a chance to eat some good food(mres) instead of my wifes cooking.

I'll take this one!!

Maybe this is too many Heinkens talking.

Rich

PS good luck if it heads you're way!!!

Since I went through Gustav, I'll take this one too for a felloew BOTL. I am only 5 miles from the gulf in Louisiana. I already have the guns and ammo out, surplus in gas, mres and water, and the tats are here.

I did lose my cheap humi in Gustav with 15 smokes, lucky enough it was only 7 ok sticks and some other Thompson crap. I will not lose any this time. Plus it gives me a chance to eat some good food(mres) instead of my wifes cooking.

I'll take this one!!

Rich

Rich

I am hoping that this doesr't head your way, have you gotten power yet since the last? Anyway i don;t like to see any of the BOTL's hit with this chit, i lived in Lafayette quite a few years ago and remember getting hit woth a couple, it sucks.

Anyway good luck to all wherever it hits, be safe and be dry.

Sam

I'll take this one!!

Rich

Rich

I am hoping that this doesr't head your way, have you gotten power yet since the last? Anyway i don;t like to see any of the BOTL's hit with this chit, i lived in Lafayette quite a few years ago and remember getting hit woth a couple, it sucks.

Anyway good luck to all wherever it hits, be safe and be dry.

Sam

Sam,

We finally got power yesterday. Thanks for asking!!

As far as mother nature, atleast we have a fair warning to prepare for them.

I am just kidding, but would love to send my wife away for a while so I can smoke in the house again and enjoy some good cooked meals(mres).

Where ever it does go please be prepared and safe.

Rich

Rich, you don't need another.

I stayed for Rita last time, but we barely got any wind. Good news for us here is that it looks like its taking a more westerly route. Well wishes for the South Texas Coast brothers.

Never know though, so we're still on alert.

Well we can hope and pray it heads down towards Mexico but if it comes your way we will be praying good luck and congrats on the wedding rp

Congrats on the wedding brother, maybe when you get a chance we can crab a smoke!!!!! Welcome to the club!!

As far as the Hurricane, hold on to your socks. It doesn't look like we will get the center, but we will get something. I wish everyone the best through this..

They don't have a clue where this one is going now they say down towards Browsville.