• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hygro Brand...

WyoSmoke

I purchased a new and larger humi as of last Friday and I have done as much of the searching as I can do. I have found the answers to my questions as far as using Heartfelt Beads to keep the RH in both my new and old humi regular. I have also found another answer that I was looking for as far as which Hygro some of the other BOTL prefer to use to be able to read temp and RH. I found that many prefer the Hygroset and from what I read for good reason, now comes the question... Are the hygrometers that Heartfelt sells the Hygroset ones? I searched all over their site, but couldn't ever find the brand name of the hygros that they carry. The only reason I wonder is because it would be much easier to order one time over many to get what I feel that I would like to have for this new humi and maybe to update my old humi as well. Any and all recommendations as to what others feel might be a better direction to take would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Can't answer what brand the Heartfelt hygro's are but I attest to the quality and accuracy. After calibration they have held consistently. I think that I have bought 5 from them now. I do check them once a year through a salt test for minor adjustments (if needed at all).

Two thumbs up from my experience.

Can't answer what brand the Heartfelt hygro's are but I attest to the quality and accuracy. After calibration they have held consistently. I think that I have bought 5 from them now. I do check them once a year through a salt test for minor adjustments (if needed at all).

Two thumbs up from my experience.

Do you use a traditional salt test or the Boveda calibration packets?? Any experiences with the Boveda products??

Do you use a traditional salt test or the Boveda calibration packets?? Any experiences with the Boveda products??

Both - when I first bought 2 at one time for a new Humidor I bought the calibration packet and used that. They last about 3 months. Now I just the calibration packet zip lock bag, a cap full for saturated salt, and put the hydro's in for salt testing.

Thanks for the replies, I think you've answered enough for me to be able to confident enough to make the purchases I need to make.

Mike

Thanks Viper, from my previous experience here on CP, I should have know just to PM you directly. I didn't even think of it until after I saw that you posted.

Thanks Again, Mike