• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hygrometer

riche_guy

Hi,

I just received my new hygrometer from heartfelt Industries and after removing the plastic film from the battery the display lit up showing two blank lines and C for celsius , two more little lines and then %. Shouldn't the display show the actual temperature and % of humidity?? Does it need to be calibrated first???

Thanks for your help.

Hey Riche,

I actually just won a small round digital adjustable hygro from CBid and had the same problem. I let it sit out for 24hrs and it was still reading (--C,--%). I contacted CBid and the lady told me that she had the same problem and all that she did was turn the dial a few times and it started working. I did that but mine never started working so I am currently in the process of exchanging it.

I'd try turning the dial (if yours has one), and if it still doesn't work, contact Heartfelt and let them know your problem. The hygro should give a reading as soon as you pull the tab. Maybe you got a lemon like I did :(

Good Luck!

Hey Riche,

I actually just won a small round digital adjustable hygro from CBid and had the same problem. I let it sit out for 24hrs and it was still reading (--C,--%). I contacted CBid and the lady told me that she had the same problem and all that she did was turn the dial a few times and it started working. I did that but mine never started working so I am currently in the process of exchanging it.

I'd try turning the dial (if yours has one), and if it still doesn't work, contact Heartfelt and let them know your problem. The hygro should give a reading as soon as you pull the tab. Maybe you got a lemon like I did :(

Good Luck!

Thanks i will contact them.

Heartfelt is on vacation for the next month so don't expect a fast reply. He has a great rep around here and I am sure they will make it right with you when they get back!
PJ

Heartfelt is on vacation for the next month so don't expect a fast reply. He has a great rep around here and I am sure they will make it right with you when they get back!
PJ

bummer he isn't there. I guess I can add 65% humidity beads without fear of having the hygrometer???

I have the Humi-care and the HygroSet adjustable digital hygrometers. All of them activated when I pulled the plastic out. Most likely, your battery is too low for the unit to get a reading. :rolleyes:

- KiltLad

I have the Humi-care and the HygroSet adjustable digital hygrometers. All of them activated when I pulled the plastic out. Most likely, your battery is too low for the unit to get a reading. :rolleyes:

- KiltLad

I agree...just pull the battery out & head down to your local hardware store for a replacement. I have had the CI round hydrometer give me trouble and the battery was the problem.

- KiltLad

Well the display I see is very bright. even though you think the batteries are dead?? I toggle between Celsius and Fahrenheit and it changes quickly.

If you're gettting a reading on the temp but not on the humidity you may simply be out of range. I'm not sure how low it goes (35% seems to ring a bell) so if your house or humidor is below that it may not show anything but dashes. Try putting it in a small tupperware with a damp sponge. If it doesn't read after 24 hours there then you have an issue, but do that after replacing the battery.

If you're gettting a reading on the temp but not on the humidity you may simply be out of range. I'm not sure how low it goes (35% seems to ring a bell) so if your house or humidor is below that it may not show anything but dashes. Try putting it in a small tupperware with a damp sponge. If it doesn't read after 24 hours there then you have an issue, but do that after replacing the battery.

We are summer so the humid. is over 50%, but i will try your trick

Thanks.

I figured as much.

Good to hear the 10% off kept your business healthy while it was closed.