• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I-95 run, Jax FL up to Charleston SC

AKmik

Hello all,

Uncle sam has seen fit to send me up to Charleston SC for a week long class. I will be driving up I-95 from Jax FL to SC and am wondering if there are any really good smoke shops I should hit along the way?

I have found Towne Centre Tobacco , and Tinderbox along with a couple others in the area I will be staying, and have a side trip up to Columbia to pick up a used Avallo. It is definitely turning into a cigar trip, my buddy that is also heading up with me is a cigar smoker. He stocked up yesterday locally, but I plan on bringing about four or five smokes with me and hope to come back broke with a few boxes to add to the new to me Avallo :thumbs: .

I can already see it coming, I have some $$ to play with and hope to search the south east for any remaining Anejo that have not been scarfed up along with a few others if the right deals come along. Unfortunately the class is said to be full days with homework, but I am pretty sure I will have some free time for some cigar shopping.

Any info is appreciated.

Mike

Not sure of the route, but if going past Atlanta isn't PuffStuff along that way? I have him on my absolute must visit list...

If you were going a little farther north, I'd suggest Nick's in North Myrtle Beach. But that's way out of your way. I know there's got to be some nice shops along your route, say in Savannah. But I'm usually just trying to get from point A to B when I'm along that stretch.

My daughter just got married and they're living between St. Aug. & Jax along US 1. I've been to several shops in St. Aug., but have to try anyplace in Jax. Can you give me some tips, preferrably on the southside?

Thanx!

I used to live in Jax, years ago. My all time favorite B&M was Tobacco Cove.
Owner was Gus. Great guy. Smoked my first Opux X there...when they first came out.
Do you know him? If you do, how is he doing?

Yep, Tobacco Cove is my favorite shop in town, both of them. I usually go to the one on RT17 right next to NAS JAX. Up until reciently they gave a 10% military discount which was awesome, especially when they sell Opus just over MSRP!!

I am pretty sure Gus still owns the other one that is just off of SanJose BLVD. I get down to that one from time to time but not as often as the other. I was there a few weeks ago and bought the last Opus X #2s they had, wish I had been there sooner.

I googled a bunch of shops in Charleston as well as Savannah, but I probably will not stop in GA unless someone chimes in with some good first hand info.

Thanks again guys.

Mike

Small world. I used to live in Mandarin right near Gus. I worked at NAS JAX. Did the drawings for the Mods to the P3's. I wish I could tell you about a decent shop in Georgia, on I-95, but nothing comes to mind.
Have a safe and prosperous trip.

If you get as far north as Myrtle Beach, there used to be a great little B&M on Highway 707 in Socastee Station Shopping Center. Not 100% that it's still there, it's been 5 years since I lived there, but I remember it being really nice and a decent selection.

My buddy goes to Peaceful Henrys in Bluffton and he says its got a great selection of cigars. Tats, Pepins and Illusiones to name a few. I mapquested it and it looked to be about 15 miles off of I-95. Hope all goes well for ya.

Peaceful Henry
181 Bluffton Rd
Bluffton, SC 31401
Main: 843-757-0557

I will definitely check that one out, it is pretty close. There are a few right here in the historic down town area to check out, I have them marked off on the map and will hopefully hit them tomorrow afternoon.

Today I made the drive up and enjoyed a Boli PC along the way, this is already begining to be a good trip. I have been relaxing in the hotel, and searching the internet for area smoke shops and golf courses.

My afternoon of putting practice has also been good, I just about have the left to right break of the carpet mastered :laugh:

Thanks again.

Mike

the tinder box on meeting street in charleston is really nice, it has a martini bar attached to it.

If you make it by Peaceful Henry let me know what you think. I have not had the pleasure of visiting that place. Supposedly they have a dynomite smoking lounge.