• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am building a webpage for my FIL

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
Understand that I am not really qualified to build a birdhouse, but that never stops me from proceeding.

I don't have any alternative browsers so I would like someone to take a glance at it and tell me what you think.

www.kyanaswapmeet.info

My FIL is in charge of the annual swap meet for the KYANA Region of the AACA and he wanted a domain dedicated to the swap meet. We were talking and I volunteered. It is his layout FTMP and I just built it using Frontpage.

Hey a took a look. Overall, nice site. I do have a few recs. The home page is a little difficult to navigate simply because of the text on picture background. Maybe isolate the picture to one local, ie right or center and build text on either side. I would really recommend taking a good look at the sites you have links to because they are doing a lot right.

Also, the home page text is skewed in Firefox. All of the left text is stair stepped rather than right justified.

SPONSORED BY KYANA REGION

Over 1000+ Vendor spaces http://local.aaca.org/kyana/

Over a Quarter Million square feet under roof ANTIQUE AUTOMOBLLE CLUB OF AMERICA, INC

All Heated & Air-Conditioned http://www.aaca.org/

The 3 title lines on top aren't centered correctly in Firefox 3.6.3 (Windows 7 Professional version 6.1 build 7600)

I agree with the first poster, instead of putting the main image in a corner, you could keep it in its current position and ghost it a little more (more transparent). Let me ask, what is the main point of the page. What are you trying to convey to you audience. This will dictate how you present your site. also have you thought about navigation, It seem that you have many areas related, e.g. previous years that can been place on a different page with the main link pointing to it named previous years or something, rather than having them listed on the main page cluttering everything up.

I agree with the first poster, instead of putting the main image in a corner, you could keep it in its current position and ghost it a little more (more transparent). Let me ask, what is the main point of the page. What are you trying to convey to you audience. This will dictate how you present your site. also have you thought about navigation, It seem that you have many areas related, e.g. previous years that can been place on a different page with the main link pointing to it named previous years or something, rather than having them listed on the main page cluttering everything up.

The main point of the page is to make my FIL happy. Most of next year's spaces are reserved by this year's vendor so it isn't an ecommerce site. My understanding it is something pretty to look at so new visitors can have a idea of what to expect when they get there.

It looks good but I think you should move the background picture into the void you have in the bottom right hand corner and maybe do a plain or more simple background, the picture makes the page a little to "noisy".

It looks good but I think you should move the background picture into the void you have in the bottom right hand corner and maybe do a plain or more simple background, the picture makes the page a little to "noisy".

I presented that as an alternative, early in the process.

Could someone with Firefox, etc. take another look? I made a few changes.

Umm... all of the letters are there.

Looks like a webpage from the early 90s, though, honestly.

Are you using a frame just for testing or will the content on http://local.aaca.org/kyana/swapmeetdomain/kyana-swap-meet.htm be moved to the domain you have listed?

-John

[font="Arial][font="Times"]I took a look at it in Firefox and Safari. On both browsers, the third sentence is moved all the way to the right. Other than that, e[font="Arial]verything looks good. [/font]
[font="Calibri][/font]
[/font][/font][font="Arial] [/font]

On firefox the word over is randomly on the right hand side of the screen. It doesn't seem like some text was just moved to the side because everything else seems like its in place.

I was having a serious problem with the alignment, depending upon how big of a window was open and different monitors. The top three lines were all over the place so I ended up putting a paragraph tag at the end of the top three lines, which seems to keep them in their proper place, moving the logo to the top left and I made a graphic with Sponsored by etc.. because trying to keep those all in alignment was going to drive way left of center.

Umm... all of the letters are there.

Looks like a webpage from the early 90s, though, honestly.

Are you using a frame just for testing or will the content on http://local.aaca.org/kyana/swapmeetdomain/kyana-swap-meet.htm be moved to the domain you have listed?

-John

I am not touching the site with frames. The swap meet link that is on the site with frames will be changed so it links to the page I am building but that is all.

Keep in mind, most of the club members are grey hairs so the 1990's look suits them just fine. I don't believe I have built a webpage since 1998 so it is reasonable to expect a page I build to have the 90's look.