• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am pitiful...Need a way to keep up with cutters

davew0670

well, Ive done it again. Ive managed to lose 2 more cutters. Just traded for 2 cutters not too long ago. Well, I managed to find one of the lost ones so I gave away the other. now I m back to zero! Figured there was no way I could lose two. :rolleyes: Anyone know of cutter that can be put on a keychain or something? Im going to buy one of those big table top cutters. If I lose that, then I dont need to be smoking cigars.

well, Ive done it again. Ive managed to lose 2 more cutters. Just traded for 2 cutters not too long ago. Well, I managed to find one of the lost ones so I gave away the other. now I m back to zero! Figured there was no way I could lose two. :rolleyes: Anyone know of cutter that can be put on a keychain or something? Im going to buy one of those big table top cutters. If I lose that, then I dont need to be smoking cigars.

Putting a cutter on a keychain sounds like a good way to lose the tip of a finger when fishing in your pocket for your keys. Also, you would want to make sure that your apparent proclivity for losing cutter is not so powerful that it overwhelms your ability to keep track of your keys. :laugh: But, no, I've never seen a (guillotine) cutter specifically designed to be put on a keychain. If you really want to, I don't know why you couldn't just put the keyring through one of the handles on the cutter, or use one of those little chains, you know, the ones made up of little balls with the clamp thingy (I obviously don't know what these chains are called, if they even have a specific name).

The Xikar multi-tool has a thing to attach to a keyring on them, but I've heard they don't stay on very well. Mine just sits in my "tool box" so I have no experience personally. They are a great cutter though.

I keep my Palio in my pocket all the time, even though I only smoke one cigar a day.
It's light and kind of comforting and oh, I have no fingers, my Xikar of past, cut them all off.
Get a Palio!

Brian

someone traded me a palio. That thing was awesome the 2 times I used it. Thinking of trying a punch. Pretty sure I've seen those on keychains.

Just pull the caps off with your teeth. :D

A key chain cutter is available from Xikar and Swiss - it's just in the form of a small pocket knife.

Or this - linky.
(I'm just linking to the photo.)

There is also a punch(bullet) style cutter.

Just pull the caps off with your teeth. :D

A key chain cutter is available from Xikar and Swiss - it's just in the form of a small pocket knife.

Or this - linky.
(I'm just linking to the photo.)

There is also a punch(bullet) style cutter.
I wonder how many Viejos in Miami use cigar cutters? Not many I'll wager.

Doc.

I used to keep a cheap 56 ring cutter on my 5 stick cigar caddy (wrist rope?) but have recently switched to a punch cutter on it.

There are many punch cutters that come on a keychain. These work very well, except for torpedo's if you smoke them.
You could probably just take a double cutter and put one of the finger holes on your keyring also.

Dave

someone traded me a palio. That thing was awesome the 2 times I used it. Thinking of trying a punch. Pretty sure I've seen those on keychains.

:laugh: Seriously, I can't believe you lost the Palio I traded you!!!!!! Just use your teeth.

Never underestimate the effectiveness of a fingernail. If you start losing your fingers, then you've got problems.

I keep a cigar punch with my keychain, and cutter in my her-a-dor. Cigar punch isn't the same, but I'm sure glad I have it when I don't have a cutter.

know what is even worse? Im usually somewhat sober when I lose these damn things. Pretty sure the last time I used the palio I didnt even have a full beer down yet.

About half the time I use my Xicar (which I am constantly misplacing and finding all the time) the other half I use one of these:

sheffield_folding_utility.jpg

I almost always have it on me anyway and the blade is sharper than any cigar cutter I've come across. It's real handy to, it can do alot more than a cigar cutter can and if it get dull there is no sharpening, just throw away the dull blade and replace. :thumbs:

Edit to add:

Also, Some of them can hold spare blades in the handle, a real nice feature.

What kind of BOTL's are you?? Dave has stated he already lost every cigar cutter he's had. If he starts using teeth or fingernails, how is he going to pick his nose or chew his food?

Disgraceful. :roll:

I would say xikar multitool. It is small and slender enough that it isnt a big deal to carry on your key chain. I have lots of friends who do that. Also they cut very well which is probably the most important thing.

Just buy a box of cheap cutters and hopefully you will lose enough of them that it saturates your cigar smoking locations and then all you have to do is lift up a cusion of the couch, of look inbetween the seats in the car.