• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am really not sure how this is gunna work out..

TBaGZ

I'm around...
My father in law is comming to live with us tomorrow. He has been having trouble with his wife and he decided he had enough of the cow and packed his stuff. With having really no place to go I agreed he could come here to florida (from memphis) and stay with us. I have only met him face to face I think 3 times and one of them was my wedding. He seems to be an alright guy but can be a bit of a putz sometimes. He is only 52 so it's not like he is an old man, only 20 years older then myself. I mean he rides motorcycles, so do I.. he likes to drink, so do I... He likes the beach and stuff, so do we. So who knows we might all get a long. The thing is, is that we will be losing our privacy in the house and the way we live. I mean my house isn't small and has 3 bedrooms with 2 of them being master suites up stairs with private bath rooms so he will have his own space and we will still have a bedroom and full bathroom downstairs for guests or whatever. But, I dunno.

O yeah... My mother in law is coming to vist in a couple weeks too. That should be fun with both of them here considering they don't get along and neither do her and I.

No wonder I drink!

Cheer up, you'll be drinking more.

Doc.

Houseguest rule no. 1 - set a time limit. You're not running a hotel and you don't want to start. If it's a few days, it's a few days; if it's a month, it's a month. You, your wife, and your father-in-law should sit down and talk it over as soon as he arrives. You don't want to be in the position of getting sick of him, laying down the law, and kicking him to the curb. That would really suck for everyone.

I'm sure the cigar smoke will keep her away as well; it seems to keep those other bloodsuckers (mosaquitos) away when I'm on the patio! :whistling: BTW - You're a good man for letting your FIL live with you. :thumbs:

Cheer up, you'll be drinking more.

Doc.

Amen to that Doc!!!!!

It's not so much as I am looking for a time limit that he will be out or even know if I will want to kick him out. I am offering my house to him to live in not just a room for him to rent. I am kinda looking forward to him being here as he will be our only family even living closer then NY. It will be nice if everybody gets along especially when we have a baby, he can babysit!! lol

Wow. You're definitely a stand-up guy, TBaGZ. Best to your father in law and your family.

Couple options here TJ ma brotha from anotha motha:

BEHIND DOOR #1:
redneck%20hunting%20trip.jpg

The "Redneck Special Forces" Gun (photo courtesy of Wildcard :D )

BEHIND DOOR #2:
redneck_swiss_army_gun.jpg

The "Professor Wilkey's Long Arm of Death-Rays" Gun

BEHIND DOOR #3:
5403-b14.jpg

The "TIM GUNN!"

Door #1 please!!!! I can pick her off at the airport from my house! lol

O yeah, The best part is I am all broken so I can't help unload the truck or move him in!!! Bwahahahahaha

O yeah... My mother in law is coming to vist in a couple weeks too. That should be fun with both of them here considering they don't get along and neither do her and I.
No wonder I drink!

Now that is a recipe for disaster. I suggest you set a time limit on how long they both stay. Good luck and I hope you at least have some good stuff to drink!

Good luck with it! I can appreciate the fact that you want to help him out and are offering to do so. Very outstanding. However, you are concerned in so much that you are posting about it here. Don't lose site of that....this is her father....and she may likely act and do things differently around him.

At the end of that day, if things between you two start to be an issue, look closely to see if they are related to something he said or did or does....if so, then you may want to consider politely asking him to find somewhere else.

I guess i'm jaded, because of my first marriage...it wasn't all her parents fault, not by a longshot lol, but her dad did play a big role and still does to this day. They didn't live with us, but a half mile away, and always under the thumb. I have storys upon storys but I won't....just take care and i hope all turns out well!!

Well he got here this morning....Get me a drink!! :)

His dog doesn't like mine too much lol. Yeah I am concerend with it and a lil stressed. IT's just because we don't really know how he lives. I dunno...we'll see

And as far as the monster in law.. she is only here for a couple days.

Just reading this post makes me want a drink! :D

It may work out but if it doesn't hopefully it won't create a rift in the family.

Maybe he'll leave with her when she goes. ;)

I don't think he would touch her with a ten foot pole! There is a reason he left her lol

I don't think it will cause any problems but if it does.....screw it! She didn't talk to him that much before.

Now why do things like "As the World Turns", Search For Tomorrow", "A Day in Our Lives", and "One Life to Live" keep coming to mind.

Doc.

I dunno....But, don't a lot of people die and get killed in those shows? :whistling:

Good luck with all that, i'll be thinking of you! :sign: