• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I built a cigar lounge in my house. Check out the pics

Jersey_Marine

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I built a cigar lounge in my house. I have it all glassed off with a ventilation system. Not one drop of smoke gets into the rest of the house. After the project was complete I hired a professional grafitti artist from Brooklyn New York to put artwork on the walls that signified certain aspects of my life. Prior to making this room I searched the internet for plans on making the room. I didn't have much luck so I thought Id post it just in case someone wants to make a room in their house. If you have any questions on the room or how I did the ventilation contact me. The humidor was custom built and placed in the wall and next to the storage door by the bar is an in the wall wine rack. Aside from the ventilation system I have a Rabbit Air filter which isn't really even necessary but it can be used in conjunction with the ventilation system if there are more than 10 people smoking at once. Ive had 8 people smoking at once without the Rabbit Air and still didn't have any smoke infiltrate the house

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 88
This is F'in badass man. Nice work! I'm impressed with the smoke isolation and how none of it gets into the rest of the house. Thank you for sharing and for the invite ;) The art looks great. What's more impressive is that the wife didn't try to sabotage the project...lol

Jersey, make your way over to the Introduction thread and post a little about yourself over there. Nice lounge.

Nice lounge. I'm going for more of a speakeasy look in mine, though.

Very nice. Hope to do something similar in the future.

Nice place. I've been very pleased with how mine turned out. Did you do a heating system in your fresh air intake? If so, is it easily adjustable?

Nice place. I've been very pleased with how mine turned out. Did you do a heating system in your fresh air intake? If so, is it easily adjustable?

Thank you. I was lucky enough to have my fresh air intake come from the air in my house. There is a 6" glass flap above the glass door that swivels out or completely closes. Its never completely closed as the air intake is necessary but its able to do so anyway. Whatever air is in the house will be in the cigar room. The air coming from inside the house is so strong that it blows the curtain on the window across from it. If you look at the pics it will be easier to understand what Im saying. The cigar room is the lowest point of the basement and the upper portion of the basement is also finished as the house is a custom bi-level

I like that wall humidor. Please tell us about that unit.

All I"ll say is it was custom built by a humidor maker. I ordered the humidor in November 2013 and didnt receive it until January of 2016. The price was right but the amount of time he took to build it was unnacceptable. I won't mention the guys name who built it because he was a nice guy but the time it took him to complete it was totally unnacceptable. I don't want to bash him nor give him any positive reviews either

I bet it be a cool place to hang out. I cant down you for it although I would make those walls red if it were me. The cartoons kind of make it look like a regular bar more than a cigar bar. The chairs though A+... very good.

I bet it be a cool place to hang out. I cant down you for it although I would make those walls red if it were me. The cartoons kind of make it look like a regular bar more than a cigar bar. The chairs though A+... very good.

Yea man. Thats why I posted it. For everyone like yourself to pipe dream in your head of how you would want your smoking room in your house if you ever decided to actually make one. I could be of assistance. Everyone has a pipe dream going on in their head and that's the beauty of personal preference.

I am not able to do that at this time but if I were, I would have red walls more than likely or maybe red and beige. Possibly a few vintage metal signs on the wall or a cooler fridge with a beer brand on it. I am not sure. I also envisioned a compound where people can go and meet, get a nice cigar humidor, pool tables, swimming pool, bocce ball.. in an event say where people can get together and pool their own resources, provide a community center and then do community activist work or something but use that center say as your relaxing spot when you aren't leaving. That's one of my more recent ideas.

Thank you. I was lucky enough to have my fresh air intake come from the air in my house. There is a 6" glass flap above the glass door that swivels out or completely closes. Its never completely closed as the air intake is necessary but its able to do so anyway. Whatever air is in the house will be in the cigar room. The air coming from inside the house is so strong that it blows the curtain on the window across from it. If you look at the pics it will be easier to understand what Im saying. The cigar room is the lowest point of the basement and the upper portion of the basement is also finished as the house is a custom bi-level

Gotcha. We did an 'in the vent' heating system with ours. It does a great job (sometimes even a bit too warm in the winter) but that seems to be an item that other people, such as yourself, have found different solutions. I have the same kind of draw power with my ventilation. When its on it could never allow smoke to go anywhere other than out of the house. I like your choice in decor...mine is totally different but that's what makes it great, right? Personal preference.

Gotcha. We did an 'in the vent' heating system with ours. It does a great job (sometimes even a bit too warm in the winter) but that seems to be an item that other people, such as yourself, have found different solutions. I have the same kind of draw power with my ventilation. When its on it could never allow smoke to go anywhere other than out of the house. I like your choice in decor...mine is totally different but that's what makes it great, right? Personal preference.

Yes sir. Thats what makes it great. I live in the country but from the suburbs right out of the city. Its a nice change having a modern graffiti in the country. I didn't want the cliche bookshelf brown leather type lounge. Everyone who sees it is amazed.
As far as the heat I have a wood burning stove so that air will be drawn in nicely

Vale!

Awesome room (and taste in riders). Maybe someday when we finally settle down somewhere.