• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I could use your votes please.

I can't thank you guys enough. I think I actually have a chance. If you got a chance to see the piece that was a replica of a Ray Allen turning, I actually saw the real piece by Ray. He use to buy woods from the same place I do. He opened the back doors of an old van and was showing it to the Manager of the store. I was so floored that I couldn't even comprehend what I was looking at. All I could do is just stare at it. I had no concept of how, what or why but I knew I was amazed. That was about 15+ years ago. He passed several years ago but segmented turners everywhere are still in awe of his work. That replica is a fantastic reproduction. I only wish I had a lathe that had the capacity to go that big. I think that one is almost 2 feet in diameter.

Sorry, I missed the voting deadline. Good luck though!!

Yes I did. Thank you all very, very much. For me, winning the contest is the biggest prize. There are some extremely talented turners in the contest. The piece I built has a few things about it you won't commonly find like the cross shaped holes and the flat Indian blanket windows. That might have made a difference. I do feel very fortunate to have won, every piece selected for the top 15 and many others could have easily been the winners. I don't feel my piece was any better than the others, I was just luckier. I just hope you all enjoyed all the beautiful pieces that were submitted. There are some real talented turners out there.
You do know this calls for a very nice cigar to celibrate. :thumbs:

Yes I did. Thank you all very, very much. For me, winning the contest is the biggest prize. There are some extremely talented turners in the contest. The piece I built has a few things about it you won't commonly find like the cross shaped holes and the flat Indian blanket windows. That might have made a difference. I do feel very fortunate to have won, every piece selected for the top 15 and many others could have easily been the winners. I don't feel my piece was any better than the others, I was just luckier. I just hope you all enjoyed all the beautiful pieces that were submitted. There are some real talented turners out there.

Luck ? ??? Don't you think soliciting votes on a cigar forum made the self serving difference? You owe the other craftsmen in the contest an apology.

Luck ? ??? Don't you think soliciting votes on a cigar forum made the self serving difference? You owe the other craftsmen in the contest an apology.

He actually solicited votes on numerous cigar forums. ;)

I'm in another wood working contest on Fine Wood Working's website. I made the top 15 wood turnings selected by Fine Wood Working magazine's editors but the winner is up to the public.
Code:
I was hoping that if you feel I'm deserving of your vote that you might vote for me.
My turning is called Monsoon. Here's the link and thanks.
http://www.finewoodw...llery-challenge

IMHO...the part highlighted above says that if you think mine is the best vote for me, if not then vote for who you think should win.

Did he ask us thinking he would have a sypathatic edge....I am sure he did. I am so glad none of the rest of us have everd called upon those we know for help and assistance.

And really, do you think the other 14 did anything different?

You are an outstanding craftsman, congratulations.

Tim
edit to fix code

Good point Tim, and I did look at all the others. I believe it stood on its own merits, loved the turquoise and appreciated all the time you had to speed to end up with the final product. I think WE are jealous.

Ed

I'm in another wood working contest on Fine Wood Working's website. I made the top 15 wood turnings selected by Fine Wood Working magazine's editors but the winner is up to the public.
Code:
I was hoping that if you feel I'm deserving of your vote that you might vote for me.
My turning is called Monsoon. Here's the link and thanks.
http://www.finewoodw...llery-challenge

IMHO...the part highlighted above says that if you think mine is the best vote for me, if not then vote for who you think should win.

Did he ask us thinking he would have a sypathatic edge....I am sure he did. I am so glad none of the rest of us have everd called upon those we know for help and assistance.

And really, do you think the other 14 did anything different?

You are an outstanding craftsman, congratulations.

Tim
edit to fix code
If that's the case, why not just let his peers that regularly peruse that site vote for the most fitting to win? Why go to cigar forums to solicit votes from people that don't generally visit sites like that? Of course he asked thinking he would get a "sympathetic edge"....how many of us actually know enough to see the time, pain, labor, etc. that's put into each piece that was up for voting? Don't get me wrong, I think H.M. does beautiful work, but to go through who knows how many sites, asking people to help pad his voting is on the verge of unethical....regardless of what the other 14 guys did or didn't do.