• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I envy anyone who can smoke in their house

I'm fortunate enough to be moving into a house that I can smoke inside, that also has a covered deck. Up until then though I've been at the mercy of the weather, unless I'm smoking early enough to go into my local.

I turned the front bedroom of my new house into a library/computer room/office/mancave. I run an exhaust fan in the window when I smoke in here, which is almost daily. The smell stays in here, and I'm going to paint the walls a darker color when I finish the walkin humidor closet conversion. :laugh:

One of the projects on my list is to build some shade over the back patio, though. It's great out there in the morning but gets too hot later in the day.

~Boar

5,000 CFM evap cooler at one end of the house and the only escape route is an open window next to my desk.

Smoke doesn't stand a chance in here ;)

I can't smoke in the house but my shop is 20 feet out the back door. My AC is colder than the house too. :thumbs: I love the smell of sawdust and cigars. :D

hay bro your the king of the castle, right? As I told my friend who can't smoke in the house because it pisses his wife of, your the king of the castle and if someone doesn't like your cigar smoking they can step outside until your done. And make sure you take your sweet time smoking that stick. No really, I can understand some peoples objection to cigar smoke but we all put up with some things in life just to get along. Hope I didn't break up your marriage.

I used to smoke in the house as long as the doors and windows were open but after a couple of times my ash fell on the floor and I'd have to stand up and Dustbuster it. I migrated to the garage, set up a desk, cable TV, Internet, and just recently bought a portable AC (still haven't decided if I want a window unit poking out the side of the garage wall).
The wife and kids say once I close the door to the kitchen, the smell gets sucked outside via the exhaust tube :rolleyes:
Plus if the ash falls.............who cares, I just leafblow it out later!
I think I've found my happy place :love:

hay bro your the king of the castle, right? As I told my friend who can't smoke in the house because it pisses his wife of, your the king of the castle and if someone doesn't like your cigar smoking they can step outside until your done. And make sure you take your sweet time smoking that stick. No really, I can understand some peoples objection to cigar smoke but we all put up with some things in life just to get along. Hope I didn't break up your marriage.

I just have to wonder if you're married...

But picture this --- I have an umbrella balanced precariously between the outside wall and the top of the door that leads out to my patio/garden that is currently being inundated with spring rain. I've got my ashtray sitting directly under said umbrella in hopes of keeping my DPG Blue Invicto dry enough to smoke during the downpout.

The best part is, the rain didn't start until I began to toast the foot of my smoke. Before that it was clear skies... I am cursed.

i need to find somwhere soon...rain in So Cal in June is pretty lame
I think the garage idea is perfect haha mite try it later tonight...

Bought one of these last weekend. It is great, keeps the bugs out and the rain off. Can't beat it.

http://www.target.com/Home-Madaga-Gazebo-1...;rh=&page=1

I priced this exact one out about a month ago at target. My wife is a manager there as well so that would save us a little more money with her discount. Before that I was researching the smoke eaters at smokeeaters.org. The only problem with the smoke eater is my wife gets really bad sinus infections if she is in a confined room with smoke for too long. So we have decided to go the gazebo route on the deck when we move into our new house. I did however use this situation to tell her since I am compromising on the smoke room and going with a gazebo instead, there should be no problem with me upgrading to a cabinet humidor once we move as well. Now I understand why everyone tells you to make sure you have bought all the toys you want before you get married lol.

"I'll stop buying cigars when you stop buying shoes" said the husband to his wife.

Bought one of these last weekend. It is great, keeps the bugs out and the rain off. Can't beat it.

http://www.target.com/Home-Madaga-Gazebo-1...;rh=&page=1

I priced this exact one out about a month ago at target. My wife is a manager there as well so that would save us a little more money with her discount. Before that I was researching the smoke eaters at smokeeaters.org. The only problem with the smoke eater is my wife gets really bad sinus infections if she is in a confined room with smoke for too long. So we have decided to go the gazebo route on the deck when we move into our new house. I did however use this situation to tell her since I am compromising on the smoke room and going with a gazebo instead, there should be no problem with me upgrading to a cabinet humidor once we move as well. Now I understand why everyone tells you to make sure you have bought all the toys you want before you get married lol.

"I'll stop buying cigars when you stop buying shoes" said the husband to his wife.

I really like this set up. I bought it on sale for $299 and opened a Target CC and got an extra discount it ended up costing about $260. Not a bad deal and the Gaxebo has already been put to good use.

BTW nice negotiation on the cabinet. I have 3 desktops and a cooler and would kill for a cabinet. Only downside is my wife woudl kill me if I bought one. So given the fact that at least one of us would be driven to murder I am resigned to my cooler.... At least for now that is. :D

That line doesn't work too well. :whistling:

It didn't work for me Anthony. Mine not only still buys her shoes but now she smokes my ISOMs as well.
wtf.gif

I smoke 'em inside as well. I do have a nice air purifier thats helps but I'm not going out in the heat to smoke.
Now in the evenings, if it cools down enough, I may go sit out on the deck but it's because I want to be there.

One thing I hate about this time of year is the weather. All day long I sat at my desk day dreaming about that glass of port and a good smoke when I get home. Quitting time comes, I head to the car with a smile on my face. I don't even mind traffic during the commute because I know when I get home I have a cigar pleading for its life. Then it happens... I get about two miles from the house and the sky turns dark and the wind picks up. Right as I am about to pull into the drive rain starts to fall. It continues to rain all night and I'm stuck sitting in my recliner, watching tv, and staring at my humidor :angry: . I swear I think I could see my cigars smiling, laughing at me knowing they have all survived another day.

Only thing worse than that is when it rains off and on making you think the rain has stopped and you can go out and smoke only to have the rain start again.

Do you have a garage? If so, you can park your car on the driveway, leave the garage door open, and smoke in there.

Another option for you is to get a lawn umbrella... plant that thing in the ground, and set up a chair underneath. That might work for you, if you're really hankering for your cigar and port (nice choice of a combo, BTW!)

This assures you will pay attention to your cigar. No TV, no wife, no laptop; just you and your cigar trapped under an umbrella :thumbs:

I smoke in the Garage! It isn't bad. My wireless doesn't do great out there, so I'm looking into a better router.

I'm working on adding a heatpump, and a few other creature comforts.

I told my son I was turning it into a "Man Cave". He matter of factly stated "That means mama can't come in here!"

I love that little guy. :laugh:

I guess I am lucky. I have a covered deck and also a listening room in the basement. I plan on putting an exhaust fan in the basement room.
Sturgus