• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I finally found an Opus X

gunsandcigars88

After 5 months of smoking cigars and absolutely loving it I have still never tried the famous OpusX. Since I joined on here in early/mid July I have been hunting for an OpusX at the Cigar Lounge in Mckinney. I really enjoy this shop so I try to take all of my business there. Today after not finding much to do in my hometown I took the 1.5 hour drive to the shop. As I was making my way through the AF line I noticed a band that was out of place. To my overwhelming surprise it was the OpusX #5. I quickly grabbed it overflowing with joy at finally having success after many trips there hoping to find one. I quickly asked if they had any larger than the #5, but found out that the 13 #5's sitting there was all that they had. Without having to think twice about it I quickly added it to the pile that I would be purchasing. Now lies the problem of actually lighting it up after taking so long to find one. I am not sure that I can handle watching it burn away knowing that they don't get them in very often. I was thinking a special occasion, but there aren't any coming up for me. Unless I make it a special occasion with the OpusX :D

After 5 months of smoking cigars and absolutely loving it I have still never tried the famous OpusX. Since I joined on here in early/mid July I have been hunting for an OpusX at the Cigar Lounge in Mckinney. I really enjoy this shop so I try to take all of my business there. Today after not finding much to do in my hometown I took the 1.5 hour drive to the shop. As I was making my way through the AF line I noticed a band that was out of place. To my overwhelming surprise it was the OpusX #5. I quickly grabbed it overflowing with joy at finally having success after many trips there hoping to find one. I quickly asked if they had any larger than the #5, but found out that the 13 #5's sitting there was all that they had. Without having to think twice about it I quickly added it to the pile that I would be purchasing. Now lies the problem of actually lighting it up after taking so long to find one. I am not sure that I can handle watching it burn away knowing that they don't get them in very often. I was thinking a special occasion, but there aren't any coming up for me. Unless I make it a special occasion with the OpusX :D

Great, I am glad you found one.. Now quit putting it on such a high pedistal and SMOKE IT.. It's just a cigar...Oh and I hope you enjoy it :)

I'd say, finding it after a 5 month search is enough of a 'special occasion'. Smoke it, there are are 12 more where that one came from.

Nice find! That is a good smoke.

Opus x are one of my favorite NCs, I turn into a little cigar grubbing pack rat when I see them at my local shop. I will usually snag all I can. That being said I have found a great local shop that calls me when they arrive, they have plenty of Robusto tins left, but they are a touch spendy at $42 for three cigars.

when I see them in a shop all I can think of is that bald little freak " My preccccious X's"

yep, those are snag them when you can smokes, they make only enough to keep us eternally hunting for them.

see ya

Mike

Congrats! When you decide to light it up, just make sure you have full stomach.

gunsandcigars88 - check out "Two Brothers" smoke shop in Plano. They have several different Opus sizes to choose from.

BTW- Congrats on your find! Now go smoke the damn thing...

mac

As others have said, "Smoke it and enjoy it!" They come out 3-4 times per year, and the hunt is half of the fun!

I'm in the same boat as you my friend so don't feel so bad. I bought my first one at Two Bros. in Plano about two weeks ago and have yet to smoke it. I had to drive over an hour just to get my hands on one so forgive me if I'm a little hesitant to light it up. It will get smoked in due time though.....

I'm in the same boat as you my friend so don't feel so bad. I bought my first one at Two Bros. in Plano about two weeks ago and have yet to smoke it. I had to drive over an hour just to get my hands on one so forgive me if I'm a little hesitant to light it up. It will get smoked in due time though.....

I have to drive at least an hour and a half for any cigar besides a swisher sweet, and I jsut can't bring myself to smoke one of those. If that trip yesterday hadn't hurt the wallet so bad as it did I would have bought more of the Opus X. I am going back on Sunday and if they still have any I will go ahead and buy another couple so I can smoke the one I have.
I am planning on making a trip to Two Brothers while I am in Waco in November for a week at work. hopefully they will have some of the Opus X then.

Dude, light 'er up. Saving smokes for special occasions is silly. You looked for a long time before finding one, don't worship it, smoke it.

As a warning to you. The #5 is a ball buster in a small size. Follow the advice of those above. make sure you have a nice dinner before you smoke it. Not doing so could lead to a case of "Cuban Vertigo". Symptoms include: sweating, light headedness, Nausea, and in advanced cases, losing your cookies.

Never had any of these are they any good? Smoke if you gotem, that is what they are made for. Make sure you have some quiet time to appreciate it and yes eating something an hour or two before hand if you are a new smoker.

Put a couple of sugar packets in your pocket :whistling: and torch that sucker. Putting any cigar up on a pedistal just sets it up to dissapoint. Don't get me wrong, the Opus is a very good cigar, just nowhere near as great as the marketing gods would have us believe.

AS others said these is a great smoke. Eating is highly recommended. Try drinking a glass of water with the smoke, it might surprise you all the flavors you can get after refreshing your mouth.

Smoke some but also save some because with age, they only get better. I held some back for a couple of years and they are just fantistic now.

Gunsandcigars, PM me your addy, i might have one or two laying around i can send :)

If you've never smoked one, how the hell would you know it was worth the wait. Don't believe what you read. Smoke it . There's nothing like empirical knowledge.

Doc.

In Febuary I went to a local cigar store and saw this Fuente "2006 Holiday Collection Extra Special Reserve" 10 stick sampler. It did not list what was inside. It was $90.00. I thought it to be a little pricey but my buddy who works there gave me another 10% off. So I bought it. I left the shrink wrap on the box and unopened until this month. I finally opened it and inside there were 10 cigars, two of which are Opus X. I smoked onr of the Hemingway Classics and one of the A.F. Double Chateau Fuente Maduro. There are still 2 Anejos, 1 Hemmi Classic, 2 D.C. Fuente, 1 D.C. maduro, and the 2 Opux X.