• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I finally took the plunge (Update 5 July)

Sunshine86

Nicaraguan Whore
After lusting over some of our member's Vinotemp setups for so long, I finally pulled the trigger on one of my own--a 12 bottle dual zone. It's not as large as most would prefer but it's quite a step up from what I've got now (a 50-count desktop) and, for the amount that I smoke/keep on hand, I think it will work well (and, for $50, I couldn't very well say no). My plan is to get a pound of beads (according to my calculations, I need ~12 oz. so a pound should be more than adequate) and two digital hygrometers. After that, I'm thinking about constructing a pair of cedar shelves to store singles and leaving the other half for box storage. Is there anything else I need or should consider?

I'm so excited! Pictures when it arrives, of course (it should be here Monday).

You've been here 15 months and managed to do with just a 50-count? I applaud you. You avoided temptation for a long time!

Having no real income for the last 12 months of it has played a large role in my restraint (I still haven't made a box purchase). As soon as I find a real job again, I have no doubt that this will be full and I'll be looking to expand (and a few well-deserved bombs will be dropped).

img00142z.jpg

img00143.jpg

img00144w.jpg

It finally came today. I can't wait to get some shelves and beads in and start filling this bad boy up.

when did u order this i order june 8 and havet go it yet
how long yours take?

I ordered mine two weeks ago. For some reason or another, it didn't ship until last Monday and I got it today.

Extremely Slow shipping...I updated this in the origonal thread..

Congrats, nice setup. I may have to pick one of these up, great price. What are the inner dimensions?

According to my measurements, each compartment is slightly over 1000 cubic inches.

Glad to see it came in for ya. :thumbs:
Mine averaged 12 days each getting here but well worth the wait @ the price.
I knew it would be slow from cali to here via ups but like you, i was patient.
Looks like yours is in nice shape too.

Here's a really terrible picture of the Vino all set up

img00146e.jpg

It's holding a 65˚ F, however, I cannot get the RH below ~75%. I have 4 ounces of beads in each compartment and followed the directions a best as I could but I'm still not having any luck. What might I be doing wrong?

Are you spraying the beads or pouring water on them? What percent of the beads are wet? Also, when you put more boxes and cigars in, some of the humidity will be absorbed. Or at least it should. I say fill it up and see if it will regulate. If in fact the beads are done correctly.

The beads are ~60% hydrated and, yes, they were sprayed with distilled water. I just put my cigars in so I'll see what happens.

Edit: I just checked it again and it's down to 66%. Thanks for the help.

Nice setup. I got lucky and bought two 9 bottle vinotemps for $10 each. One works and one doesn't. I just keep a small tupperware full of 1/2 lb. beads in the bottom and my humidity never creeps over 73%. My challenge is keeping the temp below 75 degrees. It's HOT here in GA!

The beads are ~60% hydrated and, yes, they were sprayed with distilled water. I just put my cigars in so I'll see what happens.

Edit: I just checked it again and it's down to 66%. Thanks for the help.

I have the same wine cooler. I bought 65% beads from heartfelt and found out that I need to basically have all the beads dried out and it holds at 65% pretty well. I dont know how this is possible ??? And if the humidity creeps up the beads arent taken in the extra humidity. I need to pull the beads out a dry them out fully. Its like the beads arent working right or something.