• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got beat! Journey to Chateau Fugazi

I'm more concerned that CI is buying from someplace that is unscrupulous. They already get volume discounts from most manufacturers, why do they need to stoop so low as to buy on the "gray market"?

What makes you think they were grey market? These cigars come from Prometheus, not Fuente (though obviously Fuente made the cigars). Is there some evidence to believe that CI didn't get these directly from Prometheus that I've missed?

Wow. That cello brings back some very bad memories! :whistling: That is some crazy stuff right there.

I learn so much here everyday. It's fun to form my opinions of the situation and read all others by "more knowledgeable" folks and then change my point of view. I agree with Moki.

Keep in mind that the cello was on the box and CI does open some boxes for inspection. They reseal them and onto the shelf they go. How much do you think the people at CI get paid? I can see how this can happen. I have just never heard of it happening. My luck, go figure.

I have an item on Cbid I'm watching and came across another of these Fuente sets on auction. Knowing what's been happening to another CP brother made me leery of bidding on top shelf cigars.
Think I'll stick around here and utilize our fellow vendors :thumbs:

Although these came from CI, Cbid is still part of the company.

Sorry for the threadjack.

Dave

Is there some evidence to believe that CI didn't get these directly from Prometheus that I've missed?
You mean other then the fact that they are obvious fakes?

Yeah, they are obvious fakes... but I would assume that the most likely person to do this would be someone @ CI
It was my understanding that they were sealed. If they were opened at CI they would not have a sealed tax stamp.

Is there some evidence to believe that CI didn't get these directly from Prometheus that I've missed?

Yeah, they are obvious fakes... but I would assume that the most likely person to do this would be someone @ CI
It was my understanding that they were sealed. If they were opened at CI they would not have a sealed tax stamp.

I didn't even think of that. There is no tax seal at all on this box. As a matter of fact, I don't see where one would have been.

I didn't even think of that. There is no tax seal at all on this box. As a matter of fact, I don't see where one would have been.
Never mind. Just checked mine and the only seal is the shrink wrap.

I'm more concerned that CI is buying from someplace that is unscrupulous. They already get volume discounts from most manufacturers, why do they need to stoop so low as to buy on the "gray market"?

What makes you think they were grey market? These cigars come from Prometheus, not Fuente (though obviously Fuente made the cigars). Is there some evidence to believe that CI didn't get these directly from Prometheus that I've missed?

From the information here, I thought these were fakes, not the correct cigars with just some roughed up cello.(Implied gray market seller.) I can see how it might have been an employee of CI that did it. Assuming that it wasn't someone from CI, I see no logic that explains why CI must go outside the rightful distributor just to put the set on auction. Aren't their profit margins big enough already?

I got my replacement box yesterday.

I am not sure if I'll use cBid again. After a lot of thought and discussion, I would rather give my money to a reliable source rather than one I'm skeptical of. Trying to save a couple of $$$ ended up giving me a headache.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

Joe

You can find Padron 3000's for only $28 a pop? I think I saw some very rare super HTF 3000's from a guy on this site that were like $36 a piece I believe... :whistling:

I thought we were done with that guy. Do you have to keep bringing it up?

What guy? Explain so I'm not lost please.
The guy that Klipsch was referring to. I thought I quoted him earlier, but guess I did not. Sorry to lose anyone in the conversation, or side conversation.