• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Got Good News & Bad News

Roseysman

Still Me
The GOOD News is >> I just got the new Western Humifier Upgrade Kit, after carefully putting in the new Caliber II meter and waiting patiently I discovered to my horror that my humidity is down to 57/60% << thats the BAD news
So I am gonna tuperdor the few cigars I have and re wash down the interior of the humidor with distilled water, sit the bowl of d.water in there for 2days before I mount the new Humifier where the old Credo was.
My question is has anyone else in the northern states had hunidity problems do to seasons change and dry air in there home effecting your humidor? ???

yeah, a little in my dorm room

also, up in MN/WI summers are hot and winters are cold
so have been putting a little more water into the humi to keep it going.
(i can't wait till my beads arrive)

How much "load" do you have on the humi?
If you are not keeping enough cigars inside they are subject to wider swings in RH.
I try to keep mine 75% full and that gives a real good cushion effect.
In fact I have been known to layer the bottom with cheapos to help eliminate the excess void.
Just an idea I thought worth mentioning.

BUD

momentary thread jack, Fast, is that a devil lightin' up or what?
kinda scary, but cool.

:thumbs:

I got roughly 120 cigars & about 25 minis in it my girlfriend bought the humidor from JRs in august she picked it up for $49 I've seen it for $400 { MAYORGA } and then again I seen it for 159 lol ,but all in all it seems like a good one for my 1st looks to hold about 200 cigars.
And yes I too put the dog rockets on the bottom to use as a filler plus when moochers come around they think I put the goodones there to hide them so they dont bother with the tray lol althou I can proudly say I have none at the moment, I donated them all to a local food pantry to put in Xmas baskets for the holidays

i lke to put my crappy cigars on top. so that if someone was to see it, they'd just prolly steal the worser ones.

i'm in indiana, and everything seems to wokr fine.

my suggestsion is to get some of vern's beads.
it'll prolly work out better for you.

Yes Rosey, I have found that this time of year (December, January, February) is the WORST for humidity problems in humidors. I'd have to add water every five days or so.

I now have a 100 quart coolerdor and one of those little refrigerators converted to a refrigerdor with vern's beads which work GREAT!!

I think he sells a product for smaller humidors like yours as well.

And yes, in the past I have done many times what you're thinking of doing, spray the inside of the humidor with a spray bottle filled with distilled water and wipe off the excess. You may have to do this a few times during the winter. I found that was the best way to get the humidity level up to 70 and keep it there for while anyway, especially in the winter months.