• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got lucky this week

khari

It's a habit of mine that I go into liquor stores to see if they have anything I haven't tried or isn't typically available. This week was a good one. I picked up Eagle Rare 10, Four Roses 40th anniversary, Parker's Heritage Collection Bourbon, A.H Hirsch 16, Van Winkle 12 years old Lot B, Glenfiddich Gran Reserva, and Ron del Barrilito 3 Star Rum. Did you get anything new?

I just got this, a Master Distiller Jim Rutledge signed Four Roses Single Barrel. Quite possibly the best bourbon easily available at the moment.

Four%20Roses-signed.JPG

I just got a bottle of Four Roses Single this evening, my 1st bottle of it, never even had it before. After reading so much about it on here, I was down in Lexington, KY today and drove by a liquor store and decided to pop up and pick up a bottle. I was going to get the 40th Anniversary but they were out. :( I'm going to test out the single barrel this evening. It also came with two Four Roses rocks glasses. :)

Looks like it was a Four Roses kind of a week! Hey AVB, did you go to Whiskyfest? I know Jim was there. He was signing bottles at Park Ave Liquors, among other places. That's where I got my Four Roses 40th.

Thats a great lookin' bottle AVB! ;)

The Single Barrel is great stuff. Definately worth picking up a bottle or 2...or 3... or more.

I also picked up a signed bottle and was able to talk to Jim Rutledge for a good 20-25 min. He was a highly knowledgeable and very personable. It was worth taking time out of my busy day to go and meet him.

Yes I was remiss about not giving you the credit for getting this for me Mike. Kudos and props all belong to you. Thanks again.

No public credit necessay.
You enjoying the bottle is thanks enough for me :)

I'm still on the hunt for a bottle of the 40th Anniversary at this point. I think I may have to buy it from a person that already has it as I doubt I'm going to find them in stores.

The place I got mine from had one more, I believe. I'll call them tomorrow a.m. to see if they still have it.

I'll check at the Class VI today and see if they're getting some in...

If you are looking for the Single Barrel then maybe a Kentucky Class 6 store would have it but I'd really be surprised. The 40th is totally out of the question though.

I'll check at the Class VI today and see if they're getting some in...

If you are looking for the Single Barrel then maybe a Kentucky Class 6 store would have it but I'd really be surprised. The 40th is totally out of the question though.

Oh... the guy working there said they'd check with the supplier. If it's too rare, then I guess I won't get a call back. We'll see.

They did have several bottles of the regular Single Barrel, though. I sent out a couple last week and would be willing to send a few more this week if anyone's interested. Came out to $40 with shipping the last time. Send me a PM if interested.

---John Holmes...