• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got the job!

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
Ahhh! Interview for working Valet at the Rio during the World Series of Poker at 8 am tomorrow, I've been up all night getting myself ready, time for bed!

I'm just nervous because this is my first "real" interview. Everything in the past has been casual, over lunch or "come by the office to meet everyone" type of a deal. Never have I applied to a multi billion dollar corporation like Harrah's...

Nervous!!!!!!!!

Good luck Andrew and just be yourself. Have the faith and the next thing you know, they'll be asking you to accept the position...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Don't be nervous, stay cool brother. I've had my share of interviews lately and I've gotten pretty good at gauging what people what to hear.

"It's all about customer service." "The customer is #1", etc. You get the idea.

wow, that would be the most amazing valet job ever.

Good luck to you. stay cool & just be yourself & i'm sure it'll work out for you. Good luck & be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck Andrew.

Just remember to be yourself, don't try and be someone you are not. You sound like a stand up guy and I am sure they will pick up on that.

Dave

Well, it sure was a 5 minute interview, lady said she'd forward my information to the department, and they'd be in contact with me, and that she hoped to see me back soon.

So, guess I'll have a second interview?

got a second interview set up for Tuesday with the valet managers. I'm supposed to ask for one of 2 guys....

one of them just so happens to be a good jeepin' buddy of mine...perhaps that will help in this process.

got a second interview set up for Tuesday with the valet managers. I'm supposed to ask for one of 2 guys....

one of them just so happens to be a good jeepin' buddy of mine...perhaps that will help in this process.
That's the way most jobs are had. Looks good in my opinion.

Doc.

Good Luck or do you need luck at this point. Sounds like a lock.

Well, had my second interview today, with the actual valet folks. I walked in and turns out my buddy was working, he just looks at me and says "Wow, I've never seen you cleaned up like this before."

Great.... haha. Interview went well, it was pretty laid back, he and his boss were asking me questions, and they told me I did well afterwards. So, perhaps I'll be starting soon on training.

Thanks for the good wishes, looks like I might have 80 hour work weeks this summer!

I've heard good things about doing valet in Vegas. I've done valet at the exclusive golf course I work at and it's a very lax easy job, and you get to drive sweet ass cars. Should be some good cash flow with those tips down in Vegas. Good luck to ya.

Got the job, start training the weekend directly following my 21st birthday, so kiss partying goodbye.

Valet in Vega is by no means lax. Your job title is Valet Runner for a reason, and believe me, even WALKING in 105 degree heat is a tough job.

But, I'm excited nonetheless.

Wooot! Gratz bro. I used to Valet up in Boston for 2 years. Loved every minute of it too! Coincidentally it was while I was in college there!

Don

Oh and... 80 hour work weeks, here I come!!!

Alright, I'm off to go pick up the parents at their hotel, hopefully they can not be at each others' throats for an hour or 2.

Yeah congrats bro, :D you'll make at least a dollar every time you get in or out of a car, I imagine a couple hundred a day in tips??? at least I hope that for you. I hear the valets are quite the sought after jobs in Vegas and hard to get! good luck ! which hotel RIO??? sweet :cool:

Edited to add------->I LOVE the cocktail waitress outfits at the RIO! :love: :love: