• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I guess you guys didn't lie to me...

gahau

Banned
Well as a few of you know I have tried to defend Thompson Cigars... I have recently ordered a Humidor Combo with them. I received the humidor a day before the actual "cigars"... the humidor was decent quality the only problem i have with it is that the build in hydrometer is 14% low... (according to the salt test). Anyway i just got the cigars... what the called cigars, please keep in mind that i am a noob, so here the overall construction on the stick is ok... the wrapper isn't that smooth with some veins, pretty dry and have an occasional hole here and there the cap on the top of the cigars is on some of them loose... At the smell... I couldn't tell much about it but all 4 brand doesn't smell good even as a non connoisseur it just wasn't appealing to my nose. But even with all that in mind I still wanted to try'em... So I decided to use the free cutter that they trew in... WTF what a POS... seriously it sucked, anyway i got to light up the "cigar" 2 out of the 4 brand just tasted like shit I mean it did not taste good it had an je ne sais quoi to it but it almost made me threw up... one of there brand is kinda smokable but the combustion wasn't smooth the ash wasn't pretty and wouldn't hold on the cigar (I don't know if I make any sense) will go out every 30 sec...

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THOMPSON CIGARS

Well here is the thing i wounder if i can bitch at them and send them back their shit! i kinda still want the humi but i have no use whatsoever with their so called cigars

=(

I AM PISSED, A PISSED NOOB!

PS: I know you guys tried to warn me... but i had to learn it the hard way lol

Hey noob.
Please use the shift key. We are adults here. Type like one.

He did much better with the shift key this go around than previously. ;)
Sorry to hear the cigars turned out crappy. I don't think they will be willing to do much about reimbursing you for the cigars, as the price you paid was for the humidor, and the cigars and pretty much just thrown in for free. Enjoy the humi, and get you a nice digital hygro from the CP store. Spot on. :thumbs:

Brandon

Hey noob.
ARE U SERIOUS?

He did much better with the shift key this go around than previously. ;)
Sorry to hear the cigars turned out crappy. I don't think they will be willing to do much about reimbursing you for the cigars, as the price you paid was for the humidor, and the cigars and pretty much just thrown in for free. Enjoy the humi, and get you a nice digital hygro from the CP store. Spot on. :thumbs:

Brandon
Yea see the thing is now I have that built in one that is showing the wrong humi at all time... Maybe I'll find a way to cover it up =(
and put another one in.
As far as for the cigars, that's what I thought... They were pretty much free... Too bad they taste like crap =(

Hey noob.
ARE U SERIOUS?

Easy tiger, he was giving some advice that will make your future here much easier. Granted, it could've possibly been phrased a little differently but I don't believe he had the intention to make it personal so there is no need for you to make it that way.

Sorry to hear about your Thompson experience, they were my first purchase as well and I had the exact same result. House brands are terrible, but the humidor I got is still holding a perfect 67% RH! :thumbs:

Hey noob.
ARE U SERIOUS?

Easy tiger, he was giving some advice that will make your future here much easier. Granted, it could've possibly been phrased a little differently but I don't believe he had the intention to make it personal so there is no need for you to make it that way.

Sorry to hear about your Thompson experience, they were my first purchase as well and I had the exact same result. House brands are terrible, but the humidor I got is still holding a perfect 67% RH! :thumbs:

No offense taken... But I mean this is a hobby forum... On cigars! I mean cigars, for me, for you guys its a forbidden please, a way to relax. I mean I would do my best to watch spelling and grammar... I mean common I wrote the post while using my shift key I might have missed one or two. Bottom line, given that I am a noob trying to learn my ways here would it be really helpful to post that I need to use my shit key while I trying to get help from this community.
I am a very easy going person, i rarely hold grudges and again no offense taken. But what was the poster intention in replying to my post?
Anyway =) feel better now lol

Back to my humidor, I kinda like it although the freaking built-in hydrometer suck =( too bad I cannot adjust it... Oh well

Put everything that's left back in a box. Call them up and tell them you are completely unhappy and want a full refund. Don't take no for an answer.

Seems pretty simple to me - B.B.S.

Put everything that's left back in a box. Call them up and tell them you are completely unhappy and want a full refund. Don't take no for an answer.

yea... I kinda like the humidor though...
Unless you know a secret place that would get me the same kind of humidor for a lot cheaper!
I got the Barrel Humidor, like it because of the glass top and the built in hydrometer... wish i can find one for around 50...

Hey noob.
ARE U SERIOUS?

No offense taken... But I mean this is a hobby forum... On cigars! I mean cigars, for me, for you guys its a forbidden please, a way to relax. I mean I would do my best to watch spelling and grammar... I mean common I wrote the post while using my shift key I might have missed one or two. Bottom line, given that I am a noob trying to learn my ways here would it be really helpful to post that I need to use my shit key while I trying to get help from this community.
I am a very easy going person, i rarely hold grudges and again no offense taken. But what was the poster intention in replying to my post?
Anyway =) feel better now lol

Back to my humidor, I kinda like it although the freaking built-in hydrometer suck =( too bad I cannot adjust it... Oh well

This, to most here, is much more than a "hobby forum." This is a place for B/SOTL to meet and interact, create friendships, and have a place to kind of "get away" if you will from the everyday forms of conversation (texting, short e-mails, and so on..) Without jumping on a soapbox, or going on a rant, I will just say that when folks come in with the inability to correctly use punctuation, spelling, and grammar it makes it very difficult and borderline annoying to try and comprehend the post. There are many here that have been fighting to uphold the standards of CP for many years so I will politely suggest that you not attempt to act like spelling/grammar/punctuation is not a big deal. If one person feels like it isn't a big deal, then the next person that joins will follow in their path, and so on. Soon enough the site that so many enjoy for various reasons will become polluted with text that is impossible to understand.

Moral of the story, adhere to the rules, realize they're here for a reason, and when someone calls you out on them don't get upset about it just understand that they are looking out for the community.

We're all here to have a good time, so sit back, smoke one of your favorite smokes and enjoy life! :thumbs:

**All this being said I really hope I didn't misspell anything! :blush:

Unless you know a secret place that would get me the same kind of humidor for a lot cheaper!
I got the Barrel Humidor, like it because of the glass top and the built in hydrometer... wish i can find one for around 50...
If you like the humidor, why are you complaining about it in the first place?

Actually, the more I think about it, I think you and Thompson's are a great match for each other.....
whistling.gif

Party on....B.B.S.

Gahau, I know English is your third language, so just remember general stuff like capitalization of nouns, the beginning of sentences, etc. As far as Nimrod, he's been here for a while and is a swell dude who is always on the money. Take his advice with a grain of salt, and don't take offense. As you've said, this is an internet forum, and with internet forums, you must have thick skin.

CPass is run by the FOGs, and we Newbies just went through and witnessed a very very expensive and hard lesson learned about "Newbies And Their Sense of Entitlement." That said, take your lumps, keep your head down, and simply just punctuate. It's not that hard. :D

Additionally, I noticed you said your cigars had "holes here and there." Did they look anything like these?

damagedgoods2.jpg

PS- Hey dude, you also have NO FREAKIN' REASON to complain about the Grammar Police, because Rod has already warned you in a previous thread. Just relax.

Keep the humi, toss the smokes and buy a box of Padron 2000!

If you like the humidor, why are you complaining about it in the first place?

Actually, the more I think about it, I think you and Thompson's are a great match for each other.....
whistling.gif

Party on....B.B.S.
Oh boy...

Gahau, I know English is your third language, so just remember general stuff like capitalization of nouns, the beginning of sentences, etc. As far as Nimrod, he's been here for a while and is a swell dude who is always on the money. Take his advice with a grain of salt, and don't take offense. As you've said, this is an internet forum, and with internet forums, you must have thick skin.

CPass is run by the FOGs, and we Newbies just went through and witnessed a very very expensive and hard lesson learned about "Newbies And Their Sense of Entitlement." That said, take your lumps, keep your head down, and simply just punctuate. It's not that hard. :D

Additionally, I noticed you said your cigars had "holes here and there." Did they look anything like these?

damagedgoods2.jpg

PS- Hey dude, you also have NO FREAKIN' REASON to complain about the Grammar Police, because Rod has already warned you in a previous thread. Just relax.
Yea... Kinda not really though your seams to be bug holes... mine just seams to be cracks in the shape of holes =(

Keep the humi, toss the smokes and buy a box of Padron 2000!
Yea! I going to try some real cigars!!! I sure hope JRCigars will not turn out as a dissapointment =)

You can really learn a lot about cigars and life in general here at CP and if striving to do your best with capitalization, punctuation and gramar is the price of admission, I assure you it is well worth the price, an absolute bargain, actualy.

You can really learn a lot about cigars and life in general here at CP and if striving to do your best with capitalization, punctuation and gramar grammar is the price of admission, I assure you it is well worth the price, an absolute bargain, actualy. actually

:D

[/quote]
Yea! I going to try some real cigars!!! I sure hope JRCigars will not turn out as a dissapointment =)
[/quote]

Why not try out the newbie sampler thread in the BST forum?

Why not just go to a reputable cigar shop and buy some decent sticks there? If you're lucky, you'll find one with some knowledgable people who can give you direct, on-the-spot advice.

I guess I miss the point. You are trying to learn from our collective experiences, yet you don't really buy into it.

Like the humidor but don't like the cigars? Keep the humidor and throw away the cigars. I'm sure the old adage you get what you paid for is working for you here.

English can be a complicated language, but I will say this in plain English. Cigar Pass is not a hobby site as you state, it is a place to learn, enjoy and develop friendships. YMMV

[/quote]

Why not try out the newbie sampler thread in the BST forum?
[/quote]
Hum.... haven't thought of that =)
I'll give it a shot!

You can really learn a lot about cigars and life in general here at CP and if striving to do your best with capitalization, punctuation and gramar grammar is the price of admission, I assure you it is well worth the price, an absolute bargain, actualy. actually

:D
we are all learning here!

Why not just go to a reputable cigar shop and buy some decent sticks there? If you're lucky, you'll find one with some knowledgable people who can give you direct, on-the-spot advice.
Yea I have tried that but it soooo overwhelming! and they did not have sampler pack... and their cost where like 1/3 to 2/3 more!
but I have tried a couple decent stick, I just didn't like the Thompson sticks...

What about those? Are they decent sticks?

Gurka rare bread
El rey
Bolivar
JR ultimate
Special Jamaican

Thanks guys