• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I hate the USPS

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
I bid on, and won, a 5er of Hemingway Classic Sungrowns from the CFCF auction.

According to the DC# my package was delivered saturday. I didn't get it. Its not anywhere in the mailroom at my aparment building. It wasn't logged as even having been delivered. I checked with the shipper and it was sent to the correct address. So.. It looks like it was not actually delivered, or was delivered to the wrong address, and then confirmed as delivered to me.

Really sucks. :angry: Just wanted to vent. ???

Anyone know if I have any recourse with USPS if the package wasn't insured? Are they still responsible for loss/misdelivery?

DC info can be sort of weak. Maybe the "delivery" was to the PO and it still has to get to you. Hope so, So you don't have to get a headache over it.

Bill

I have NEVER had the USPS lose anything on me; UPS has though. I'm amazed actually, I've sent a lot of stuff via the USPS, and have yet to have it be "lost in the mail"

Best wishes on this one other1. I hope they find it.

I've never had the USPS lose anything either. Its possible it was lost after delivery but before I got to me. I don't know what to think. The only fact I can really be sure of at this point is that I don't have the package. ???

Sorry to hear of your troubles. You can't really do anything because the package was not insured. Sorry to break the news. I use USPS everyday and have nothing but good things to say. :thumbs:

I once ordered a book, the DC status said that they left a note on my door. I was home all day that day. I called the PO and they said the book wasn't there but they would investigate. After talking to the delivery person, the PO said she claims she had delivered the book and used my barking dogs as proof she had. The store resent the book and the PO ended up delivering the original 2 weeks later.

Well, it did not magically appear while I was at work today. I think all I can do at this point is hope it shows up. It was probably delivered to the wrong building. I guess either the person will be a good samaritan and return it, or it's been tossed in the trash by now.

I DID have the freakin' USPS lose a Priority mail with preprinted DC package I sent to Ellman on January 9th in the CPIF thread :angry: Not only that, the destination was a POST OFFICE BOX, I mean how the F#%^K could they screw THAT up? :angry:

I was never delivered and now the DC# comes up as "not in the system" :angry: :angry:

Absolute nonsense, I wonder why I even waste my time with Priority Mail because regular first class shipping for a fiver of cigars is less than $1.50 and only gets there a day or two later.

I remember i could predict how long it would take for priority mail to arrive in a certain place.

In fact, i think i made a bet with a certain someone about it.... :D ... and I WON.

Perhaps things have detieorated (sic) since then...? This was about 10-11 or so months ago?

Who knows. I used fedex once... twice...
Once for a cinderblock. That arrived on schedule.
Maybe fedex is the way to go?
Any other fedex stories?

FedEx is more expensive but you get what you pay for. If you absolutely have to have it then FedEx is the answer. :p

Still no package. At this point I think I'm writing this off as a loss. USPS says it was delivered. The package wasn't insured. I can't locate it here. I don't think I have and recourse left. Oh well. Like they say, no good deed goes unpunished.