• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have a stupid Schmaltz Jewbalation 20 (2016) question

Johnny-O!

In the back room of a small liquor store I found quite a few Schmaltz Jewbalation 20 (2016) bottles covered in dust and cobwebs. Only bought one as at the moment I didnt realize it was a 2016 until I got home. What should I expect? John

Definitely strong enough to age well. At 7 years old, the hops are starting to fade, it should be very malty. Probably real thick mouth feel. Carbonation might have dropped a little as it aged. Should still be good.

How was it?

It was a dud. No aromas. Very strong alcohol/malt liquor flavor, carbonation was lessened but acceptable. No coffee, nut, chocolate, fruit flavors at all. Its a shame as I have had Jewbalation several times and they were outstanding. Glad I didn't clear the shelf. The beaker is about 30 years old, from the days at my University. I pull it out when a smaller glass is required. John

Damn, that's a shame. But like you said, at least you didn't clear the shelf. And at least you didn't age it yourself. I've had bottles I've aged a few years that I've excitedly opened only to find out they were not what I was expecting / hoping for.