• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have old ears......

Well, I can hear the 17 kHz tone, but nothing above that. Also, my ears are now bleeding; thanks a lot. :sign:

What a clever idea.

I could hear the 17.4 khz but only for the first second or two of the clip. My wife could hear 18 khz. I'm 32 and she's 33, so I guess we've got young ears. Our dogs did not care for the experiment.

very cool...
I can hear 15Khz with no problem and I'm 52. Not too bad

Working in a blast furnace at U.S. Steel for 4 years left me without higher tones. The wifely unit let's me know when the birds are chirping. ???

I can only hear up to 15Khz and I'm 25... ???

Huh? What?

Bet your bird could hear it. My Too started doing backflips at 16khz. I couldn't even hear the 10. Good thing, though. It saves me the trouble of ripping the phone of some young person's belt and destroying it.

Also, Make sure your speakers/headphones are rated to hit those high tones, my Sennheiser 212s are rated at 12 – 19,000 Hz, so I couldn't get the headphones to even produce above 19khz.

Also, Make sure your speakers/headphones are rated to hit those high tones, my Sennheiser 212s are rated at 12 – 19,000 Hz, so I couldn't get the headphones to even produce above 19khz.

That's a good point, the el-cheapo speakers on my computer here at work may well drop out at the higher frequencies.

I figured years listening to and playing punk music as well as flying C-130s had messed up my hearing horribly. I certainly know when I do the hearing test every year for my physical I can barely hear anything. I'm dumbfounded that I heard all of these except the 16khz!

Barry

I could only hear up to 12khz. I guess to many concerts when i was younger. ???

That's a good point, the el-cheapo speakers on my computer here at work may well drop out at the higher frequencies.

Well, there's definitely something to this. I can hear up to 20 kHz on this other computer with decent low end Altec Lansing speakers, as opposed to the 17 kHz on my office computer's shitbox no name speakers.