• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have sad news.

This community is what it is because of members and brothers like Brian. I never met him but always felt his good intent through all of his posts here. God bless brother. Thanks for all that you have done for us here at CP. You will be missed.

Oh my God, I'm totally at a loss for words. This is unbelievable.

My sympathy to his family.

I think a donation to MDS would be a great way to remember such a fine BOTL. I'll fire one up for Brian Wednesday, and I'm gonna bomb a newbie in his honor. I know that the whole PIF idea was very important to him. Prayers to his family. He will be missed.

The second respected member of the cigar world to pass on in about as many months. Very sad indeed.

My most profound condolences to his family.

Wilkey

I am at a total loss for words. This is truly a sad day. Brian was a very good man - I will miss him greatly, as I know all of us will.

Rest in peace, Brian, you were a good man...

I was really shocked to hear the news of Brian's passing into the next world. I don't really know what to say that would be able to fully capture everything that he meant to me and my wife.

I just got off of the phone with Jane and spoke with her for about a half an hour. She sounds like she is doing okay given the situation, but it is hard for her. She is surrounded by her children to help her through this time. Her second question was if anyone told CigarPass, as she knows how alot of guys on here meant alot to him. I assured her that we are sending our thoughts and prayers for her, and knows if she needed anything that we would take care of it.

I'm still in shock. Part of me wants to celebrate Brian, but I have to mourn the loss of a wise man and a close friend. As a ritual, I would meet him at his house many mornings for a cigar, a hot cup of coffee, and the company of his lovely wife Jane. I used to jokingly call him, "The Wise Man on the Mountain," and he would call himself my "Personal Psychiatrist," because he always had a good morsel of wisdom to give to me when I visited him.

Whenever I went to his home, it was never to just "share a cigar" with a good friend. Whenever I went to Brian's house, I always walked away with "life truths" he would take the time to impart to me, and be sure I understood them. He always told me that we are powerful beings, and no matter what life threw at us, we had the wherewithal within us to unlock our potential to deal with it...it was solely up to ourselves as to which road we chose. Brian was always about living life to the fullest, never going to bed angry at a loved one, and smoking your best cigars because, well, as he always told me, "Life is a gift Jonathan, don't forsake it..."

In Memory of Brian W.

Is there any kind of donation fund we are going to raise to his family, as his wife was also involved with CP by hosting many a member?

Let us know!

I won't speak for Jane and their family, but like Jfields said, it would be more beneficial to send money to MDS research. Brian is a very private man, and Jane knows where alot of his CP Brethren stand. That said, it's a nice thought and all Holyvision, but donate to MDS research if you feel inclined to do so, and DO IT. Jane was adamant that she is going to handle Brian's passing within her family.

I was really shocked to hear the news of Brian's passing into the next world. I don't really know what to say that would be able to fully capture everything that he meant to me and my wife.

I just got off of the phone with Jane and spoke with her for about a half an hour. She sounds like she is doing okay given the situation, but it is hard for her. She is surrounded by her children to help her through this time. Her second question was if anyone told CigarPass, as she knows how alot of guys on here meant alot to him. I assured her that we are sending our thoughts and prayers for her, and knows if she needed anything that we would take care of it.

I'm still in shock. Part of me wants to celebrate Brian, but I have to mourn the loss of a wise man and a close friend. As a ritual, I would meet him at his house many mornings for a cigar, a hot cup of coffee, and the company of his lovely wife Jane. I used to jokingly call him, "The Wise Man on the Mountain," and he would call himself my "Personal Psychiatrist," because he always had a good morsel of wisdom to give to me when I visited him.

Whenever I went to his home, it was never to just "share a cigar" with a good friend. Whenever I went to Brian's house, I always walked away with "life truths" he would take the time to impart to me, and be sure I understood them. He always told me that we are powerful beings, and no matter what life threw at us, we had the wherewithal within us to unlock our potential to deal with it...it was solely up to ourselves as to which road we chose. Brian was always about living life to the fullest, never going to bed angry at a loved one, and smoking your best cigars because, well, as he always told me, "Life is a gift Jonathan, don't forsake it..."

In Memory of Brian W.

Is there any kind of donation fund we are going to raise to his family, as his wife was also involved with CP by hosting many a member?

Let us know!

I won't speak for Jane and their family, but like Jfields said, it would be more beneficial to send money to MDS research. Brian is a very private man, and Jane knows where alot of his CP Brethren stand. That said, it's a nice thought and all Holyvision, but donate to MDS research if you feel inclined to do so, and DO IT. Jane was adamant that she is going to handle Brian's passing within her family.

Thank you sir for this info....

This is very truly is a sad day. I did not know Brian personally but I was graced by him and will miss his wisdom and kindness. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends. RIP Brian.

I'm shocked and at a loss for words. Brian is a very generous brother and no doubt in my mind he will be missed. Rest in Peace!

WOW...what a shocker....Brian will certainly be missed. Rest in peace brother.

I will donate to https://www.aamds.org/aplastic/donate/donate_now/index.php in his memory. They will mail a card to his address to let them know of the donation.

I am sorry to say I do not have this address, if someone would be willing to post or PM it so that I may properly have the announcement of the donation sent to his place of residence...

You know you're in a good place when people react as they do here =D

That deeply saddens me to hear this. Thoughts and prayres sent to his family. Godspeed Brian we will all miss you.

Wed. night I will be smoking one of my best in his honor.

Edit to add.

This world will not be the same without Brian. I never got the privilidge to meet Brian but I did get to work on a little project via pm with him. I allways wanted to tag along with Souldog on his morning runs down there.

I remember lurking on this site for about three months before I decided to join. Brian was posting a lot then and I knew from reading his posts that this guy was special. One of a kind if you will.
He has helped to shape this place into what it is today.
We must continue the brotherhood in Brians honor.
Rest in peace brother.
My prayers are with the family.
Matt

Ah Brian, you were a bloody scoundrel! I'll see you when its my time. I think I have something of yours that I'll be smoking this weekend.

Brian did what he loved, and loved what he did. His generosity was legendary - his wisdom unfailing - his kindness umequaled - his friendship unyielding.

You will be missed. RIP Brother...

I don't know what to say. RIP, Brian. You will be missed.

Just as everyone has mentioned I can't believe it! Prayers go out to him and his family!