• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I just visited the Mayorga factory

Lumberg

Opus Lover
It was quite interesting. It IS the same company that makes Mayorga cigars. A few interesting points:

Drew Estate uses the Mayorga name to make the coffee infused cigars but I don't think they are made at the same factory as regular Mayorga cigars.

Lew Rothman (owner of JR) has the exclusive distribution rights of Mayorga cigars in the US and you can't get them at the coffee place.

The coffee place is a roasting facility fronted by a really nice lounge, nicer than a Starbucks. They sell pounds of all varieties of coffee for 9.95 or 10.95 a pound. I think there is one really fancy variety that was 24.95. They also had a box of MonteCristo coffee, the same brand as the cigar. I think it was 10.95.

They have a few bins where you can scoop it yourself and et fractional pounds but not all that is available in sealed pounds.

Overall it was pretty interesting. If anybody is interested in me picking someone up some coffee let me know. We could work out a trade or whatever.

JR's website has some of the coffee available. I tried the Sumatra and the Cuban blend and they both were good. The Cuban was my fav (it was strong and full of flavor).

FYI. Martin Mayorga sold his cigar operations to JR Cigars almost two years ago so he could concentrate on his coffee business. He does mail order for his coffee and you can get roasted and unroasted beans.

Martin is a great person to meet and smoke a few cigars with. His coffee is excellent. :thumbs:

I really enjoy the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. I got a couple of bags of the Kona blend that ain't too shabby either. Mayorga coffee is the only coffee I have bought for the last couple of years.

i'd go crazy in the factory.

try to take some cigars, smoek them, and then run around trying different stuff.

i wonder how much security is in one of those factories... i mean, if yo ureally wanted to, you could just go in and take the stuff... :sign:

i'm bored.

Back