• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I just wanna say...

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!
one.gif

It would serve the NCAA right to have LSU win this game. Then see alllll the arguements about LSU/USC and who's got the title. :D

As for who gets the title all I have to say is that the winner of tonight's game gets a big crystal trophy with the words "THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" on it. Does USC have such a trophy?

Not many will argue that the BCS is pretty fubared. But it's the system we have and you can't just declare yourself the national champion.

I totally agree, Father. The writers agreed and were instrumental in coming up with this system, and now they should be held to it. The Championship game is tonight...

ALostTexan

Oklahoma lost one game, to KSU who was ranked #10
LSU lost one game, to Florida who was ranked # 17
USC lost one game to California who is unranked.

Okay based on strength of opponent that those three lost to, USC is #3.

That's just one way of looking at it. Almost no matter what system they come up with, there will be controversy. I am against any form of "playoff". National Championship should be determined based on record and performance in your bowl (basically the old system) OR as Steve said, whatever system they come up with. This is the system they came up with and I agree, USE IT and stop crying about it.

It's kinda too bad that college football and college basketball seems to put more significance lately on "National Championship". I think the best accomplishment of any team is you won/loss record in the REGULAR SEASON in your conference. If you win that, you get the conference championship, just like Big Ten football. Okay, now there are conference tournaments in basketball which again, I think more of a team if they have the best win/loss record during the season rather than getting lucky in some tournament.

The winner of the Oklahoma - LSU game will have the BEST record in college football. Okay, so will USC BUT again, let's look at exactly WHO USC lost to and the choice to me is crystal clear, USC is #2 and why on earth these clowns voted them over LSU and or Oklahoma is completely beyond me.

What if USC was undefeated all season and the LAST game they played in their regular season was California and they lost. NO WAY in the world would these jerkoffs vote them #1.

USC and LSU are the 2 best teams in the country, no legitimate argument for OU. OU isn't even the best team in their conference, see Kanas State...There will be CO-Champs this year and it WILL be .....LSU and USC....I guess since the Bayou Bengals are getting the "Real" trophy they are the "Real" Champs. I am with FT ......
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

LSU..........GEAUX TIGERS.

WE DESERVE IT. IT'S NOT LIKE THE SAINTS WILL EVER BECOME CHAMPIONS

I really have no words right now. I'm drained by that game. I have to give a lot of props to OU for not giving up when they could have. They fought back and I was very, very worried. I believe that the best team won but I'm thankful that college football games are 60 minutes long instead of 61. Whew.......

collage football??? no thanks hehehehehe. Pro football even worse hehehhe
Ill stick to my aggressive In-Line street,vert. snowboarding, bmx dirt jumping. alot more fun to watch IMHO :p

dcp01104.jpg

OK, I couldn't resist...I think LSU should be named National Champs in agreement with CC. The BCS is the system we have and the system that was agreed on by all of the coaches (majority anyway) therefore we must reep what we sew.

CONGRATS TO LSU!!!
2003 NCAA FOOTBALL
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

HOWEVER, this years finish does support my opinion that either the NCAA has to go to a playoff or simply stop naming a National Champion. All other divisions of NCAA football have a playoff system why should D1 be different. You can take the top four or eight teams in the NCAA and establish a playoff and still have enough teams for the traditional bowl games. Also, the teams in the playoff will still recieve their revenue because the networks will still carry their games. Plus, by taking the top teams to a playoff perhaps some of these bowl game blow-outs will be better games. Notice I said traditional Bowl Games. WHY DO WE NEED SO MANY BOWL GAMES!?

The only thing that becomes a problem with a playoff is scheduling. It would take time to complete playoffs and schools may fight extended season. Anyway, if we continue this way we might as well name this process a popularity contest or simply name the annual AP National Champion and leave the NCAA and actual football out of the process!!!!!!! :sign: :sign: :sign: