• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I know I’ve been away...

Great news and its nice to hear from you. Don't listen to these yahoo's.......we have two children and my wife was very clear that I could pick their last name and slight consideration would be made for my opinion on their first name.
Lol! I could care less who picks the name, as long as we both like it. Funny thing is Josh ended up choosing our daughter’s name and was the first to mention the name for this little guy. The names stuck, I was/am happy, and want to be done with the naming stuff! Who knew naming could be so damn hard!

I’ll share the name once we are 100000% sure it’s not going to change ;)

Congratulations.

I told my wife before we even got pregnant that if we ever had a boy I wanted to name him Cody; he's 15 now. She named our daughter with almost no input from me, Megan is 11.

Our oldest, Cailey, came from a name book, I'm not embarrassed to say. We have no familial traditions with names on either side, so we puzzled on this one a while. She's 19, now, and I can't imagine her ever having a different name -- it fits her. It's a non-traditional spelling of a popular southern name (we were in Arkansas at the time), so early on many people thought we were just saying "Kelly" with an accent! 🤣

I have no idea where the name Isabella came from for our youngest, to be honest, or if I even liked to it. I was on morphine and in and out of surgeries for most of her pregnancy. Who knows what I agreed to during that time... :p

Our oldest, Cailey, came from a name book, I'm not embarrassed to say. We have no familial traditions with names on either side, so we puzzled on this one a while. She's 19, now, and I can't imagine her ever having a different name -- it fits her. It's a non-traditional spelling of a popular southern name (we were in Arkansas at the time), so early on many people thought we were just saying "Kelly" with an accent! 🤣

I have no idea where the name Isabella came from for our youngest, to be honest, or if I even liked to it. I was on morphine and in and out of surgeries for most of her pregnancy. Who knows what I agreed to during that time... :p
Both great names! I actually like using names that have no familial traditions or ties. We just aren’t close enough to anyone to feel like we have to use the name and honestly most names in the families aren’t ones I’m crazy about. The only thing we did was give our daughter my middle name because it just fit with her first and last name.

And no judgement on using a book, there’s nothing wrong with that. I read lots of name lists to help give me ideas and to remind me of names I didn’t think of.