• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I know I've seen the answer to this before

MrErskine

I know I've seen this discussion before, but I couldn't find it when I tried the search.

Is it better to keep your cigars in or out of the cellophane when they are in the humidor? :blush:

in or out. It doesn't matter.

Just make sure you remove it before you light it up...... ???

I think that I have inadvertantly started a debate.

No you haven't. Just rekindled an old one.

When I started in this hobby I took it off because like DrMike says, "they lay so much better in the nude". Six or eight months down the line I started noticing some minor wrapper damage. I now leave it on for protection. Like buzzed said, "it dosen't matter". But I like the protection so I leave it on.

I actually like the taste of the burning cello, so I leave them on. It adds another depth of flavor. :D

I think that I have inadvertantly started a debate.

No you haven't. Just rekindled an old one.....
No kidding. This, like many other common questions, has been discussed and debated as nauseum. Perhaps a visual aid would be of benefit:

UseSearch.gif

I just like the cello, who cares about the cigars. That's why I don't buy CCs anymore. :whistling:

Truth be told, I usually remove the cello. I always like the look better in the humidor.

What BBB said, this is a debate that has been beaten into the ground.

I pull the cello about 1/2 way off, then if I have a stick that did not come in cello, damn CC's, I can slide it in the empty half.

I only like to protect half of anything at one time: one car has insurance, the other not so much, one gallon of milk is kept in the fridge, the second on the back porch....

Tim

Dude, just wrap the humidor in cellophane.

God! Do I have to think of everything?

I know I've seen this discussion before, but I couldn't find it when I tried the search.

Is it better to keep your cigars in or out of the cellophane when they are in the humidor? :blush:

You really did a search and could not find an answer to this question? It's probably the most asked question on the cigar board...

Sorry for the thread jack but I have some '02 858 SGs and I was wondering if I should take the cedar off before I smoke them. :blush: