• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I love Xikar!

teal

So a while ago, my Xikar Xi cutter that I got in a Cohiba 3 Cigar + cutter gift pack exploded. A buddy of mine was using it to cut his cigar when he turned to me and said, " I have no idea what just happened". All parts of the cutter (internal springs/blades) came apart. I worked on it for a little while but couldn't put it back together "like new". Finally, just this last Monday, I sent the cutter back to Xikar asking them to sharpen the blades and put it back together. Less than a week later (On Friday that same week) I received a brand new Cutter!

I love good customer service, and don't mind paying a little bit more for something if it means a company is going to really stand behind their product. My new Xikar gave its first cut this afternoon on a 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo (great low cost smoke!). The difference between it and the cheep $4 cutter I was using as a back up is a great reminder of why it's worth it to splurge a little bit on the details.

-t.

I had the same exact thing happen not long ago with my XI2 cutter. Talked to a very pleasant lady, sent it back, and the following week received the new one all set to go. :) Worth it IMO!

Don

Nice to hear they took care of it. I need to send mine back, the blades catch on it other a bit and it gets stuck closed sometimes.

Wyatt, try some graphite. Wipe off the excess. Works slicker than hell. ;)

Doc.

Wyatt, try some graphite. Wipe off the excess. Works slicker than hell. ;)

Doc.

I was considering using some graphite on the rails of my Palio but the action finally loosened up. Nice to hear about the good Xikar service.

Xikar is the bomb. I sent my punch back a few weeks ago after the screw mechanism totally fell out and was nowhere to be found. Just put it in a bubble-lined envelope with a note saying what was wrong. They fixed it AND replaced the blade on the punch all for free and had it back within a week.

Good stuff, I'll buy from them again without hesitation.

hmmm, interesting and thanks for the info. I will keep Xikar in mind when I buy some cigar products.

Great Xikar service but not very good products. based on almost every post above... sent it back or going to send it back. How about the people that never send things back, what does that tell you? :whistling:

I have used a Xikar cutter (in fact I have 3) but not long enough to create enough wear to send it back. My Palio on the other hand, is still going strong.

Nevertheless, they must be commended for their no questions asked back up.

Brian

Recently I puchased the Palio and found it to be a very percise cutter. I've not used the Xikar but have heard it was a very nice cutter as well.'

Great to hera the Xikar & Palio manufactures are standing behind their warranties--that is Great!

My Palio on the other hand, is still going strong.

Good to hear that some of the Palios hold up. The one I have now is an emergency reserve cutter. My previous one lost its edge after about 40 cuts. And I've seen them separate into two halves on more than one occasion at my local B&M. My primary cutter is a two-blade Davidoff but I use my Xikars when I travel. I guess I have five Xikars at this point but -- knock on wood -- never had any issues with 'em. My favorite is the Rosewood. Feels nice. Looks nice. Cuts nice. It's nice.... :thumbs:

Let's not be too quick to bestow sainthood on Palio. Mine comes apart in my hands regularly. I'm coming to the realization that most cigar accessories that I've purchased over the years, except my SAK, Viper's beads and Otter box, have disappointed me in one way or the other.

Doc.

I got my Xikar in a Cohiba 3 pack deal as well, a little over two years ago. It's still performing great, cutting 2-3 a week on average. I'd recommend Xikar.

Yeah, I my Palio is what I use. But I do own a Xikar, I just don't use it. No sense in having a cutter lay around that doesn't work though if they'll replace it.

I'll try what you recommended though Doc. Maybe that's the easy fix.

Great Xikar service but not very good products. based on almost every post above... sent it back or going to send it back. How about the people that never send things back, what does that tell you? whistling.gif

I definitely hear what you're saying. Frankly, my Xikar cutter is their cheapest model and when it came apart it was in the hands of a buddy of mine who seems to have an uncanny ability to destroy whatever he picks up. My point of view from the ordeal is that I would rather give my business to a company who will stand behind their product and not make me jump through a million hoops when/if something goes wrong (which is what you pretty much said anyway :cool: )

I have two. If one ever breaks, I'll send it in and I have another to use. If they were to both break, I'd buy another and send them both in.

In fact, if anyone is disappointed in their Xikar and unwilling to send it in, let's work out a trade.

Yes they are great. I also had a friend that asked to use mine. I assumed he knew how. What he did was try and pull it open and the same thing happened, it exploded. I, however, took it back to where I bought it and the B&M replaced it. I hear they also will due the same with their lighters.

I have mailed Xikar two of my cutters....(I have 2 Xikars (yes i am a whore). One time I admitted to them, I was at work, and dropped it from about 2 feet off the ground. Their response "No problem, just please go to our website and send it in" The other time, I needed the blades sharpend badly, eveyrtime part of the cap would tear off part of the wrapper after I made the cut. (At the time, I probably was just cutting too much off..) but they didn't question me at all. Cost me $1.25 to ship the cutter to them and maybe a week later a brand new one was sitting in my mailbox. :thumbs: I have no idea if Palio is this good..but if they are, thats wonderful too..but Xikar is MY FAVORITE...crazy good customer service.

I talked to my B&M about fixing it and they said with any "normal" Xikar cutter they would just switch it out for me themselves, but since this came out of a gift pack ("Cohiba" logo was screen printed on the side) I would have to send it in to Xikar. They were really nice about it, and I understand why they couldn't really switch it with their own regular stock.

I'd like to get a somewhat fancier cutter, but this one certainly does the job and is way better than the cheapie cutters. Plus, putting off a new cutter purchase leaves me more money for tastey treats like these.

When I bought my first Xikar, I registered for the warranty online. The hand signed letter I got in return just thanking me for my purchase really impressed me. I would recommend Xikar to anyone!

Back