• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I met Jackie Slater today

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
For those of you who don't know who he is. He was an offensive tackle for the Rams from 1976 to 1995. That's 20 seasons for the math impaired or those missing fingers or toes. 20 years is a long time to play that position but during that time he was selected as an All-Pro seven times and was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 2001.

We sat next to each other for an hour between Orange County and Phoenix and talked football the whole time. It was great. He's a very nice guy - very approachable and happy to talk about the game to anybody.

Wow, that sounds great. It's nice to see that guys like him will indulge the public because many times people don't want to be bothered (which is understandable I guess).

I don't remember him but I'll bet you had a great conversation.

I gotta travel more.......

That's always great... The time I met Tony Gonzalez he was the same way... most of the REAL good players are pretty personable, it's the 2-3 season wonders that are hard to talk to.

Jackie Slater is one of the best! Met a bunch of these guys at a celebrity golf tourn. this summer Lyn Swann, Ronnie Lott, Warren Moon. All great guys love to talk about the good old days.

Sounds like a great way to pass the time in the airport.

How cool Greg. Jackie is one of my all time favorite players. He was so dominant in those pro bowl years. I loved to watch Eric Dickerson and Jackie was a BIG reason he ran wild his first 6 seasons.