• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I need a suggestion or two

andy1

I'm mostly into Oliva V these days. Lately, I've been looking for something new in the same $6-8 dollar range. I think I need to go more Medium-Full strength, although I do enjoy a mild Perdomo Champagne or a full strength Opus(when affordable).

Any suggestions?

I don't know if I'd call these similar to the Serie V's, but here are some in the medium-full strength category:

LFD Air Bender
Tatuaje Havana VI
Cabiguan Guapos
Illusione (particularly the 68, a little firecracker of flavor)
JdN Antano

I would grab a La Flor Dominica just about any of the would have the medium-full your looking for.

Just for kicks, a Sancho Panza Double Maduro will cost you less than $6 - $8 and give loads of flavor. I concur with the proponents of LFD in this one though. They have some tremendous cigars available in a good price range. Any of the Padron x000 are great too.

The La Riqueza's are often overlooked in the Pete Johnson category and they may be a slight more mild than what you are looking for but they are a common go to smoke for me.

Tatuaje Havana VI
Cabiguan Guapos
Illusione (particularly the 68, a little firecracker of flavor)

I have to agree with the above. Also with the Padron x000 series. DPG blues are also a great place to start for a nice medium bodied full flavored sticks.

Just try them all!!!

You can't go wrong with padrons. IMHO the x000's series are some of the best sticks for the money

I'm an oliva fan as well. Here's a few other brands that I've grown to love:

My Father Le Bijou
Don Pepin Blue
Camacho SLR (maduro and natty)
Padron (all)

There are others. Check my profile for the full list.

You can't go wrong with padrons. IMHO the x000's series are some of the best sticks for the money
Have to throw my vote in for this one as well, definitely a great stick that could go for a lot more than the regular price point.

I agree any of the Padron X000 are great!!!! Also you might like the Ashton VSG, any of them are great. If you like Maduro and do not mind spending a few dollars more, the Camacho Triple Maduro is full but smooth and not too over powering. Another stick I have come to love is the Illusione 68.

Might I suggest getting in on a Newbie Sampler. Talk to a BOTL and see what they can throw you in that price range and that strength. This would be a great way to try various sticks and see what you like... ???

My 2 Cents.

How about giving a CAO La Traviata a shot? These are priced in the mid 5's... Ive only had one (have a few resting), but the one that i have i feel definatly exceeded its price point.

Try San Cristobal and RP Olde World Reserve.
The RP OWR may not be as strong, but it is
a favorite.

Also try the Pepin Serie JJ maduro.
They're a bit more affordable and very nice.

I forgot to mention the Tat Verocu No. 9. A nice,
affordable smoke, as well.

Chemyst :cool: