• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I need Help !

Roseysman

Still Me
Ok so 2 years ago I lost the love of my life ( after my girl friend) , my Shar-Pei.
We replaced her with a ( Parsons Jack Russell ) aka Nemo
Now my g/f, fianc'e, ol lady. better half .......... etc.......etc.............
Wants to add a new member to our family and she has her heart set on a gasp ,,,,,,,.................. Chiuahuah
Come on guys I know ya got an opinion.................... help me out here :0

My advice would be to study NFL kickers. You can easily punt a Chihuahua up to 50 yards.

Agreed, I've always referred to them as Drop-Kickme-Dogs.

When I was about 12 we had some Persian show cats. They never went out of the apartment and just ate, slept and were brushed all the time and so grew to between 18-22 lbs each. One day Robbie (Robespierre) decided he wanted to see what was in the hall while we were bringing in groceries.

As he ran out into the hall the woman 2 doors down (Mrs.Horowitz) was coming home with her kick-me dog on a leash. Robbie had never seen another animal that small and knew it had to be something to eat. He ran at full speed and hit that dog like a lion on the hunt. Mrs. Horowitz started screaming, the dog was screaming, my stepmother was screaming, Robbie was doing his best to eat this dog and I was just mesmerized and unable to move.

Finally Mrs. Horowitz hit the combined rolling fur ball with her purse and Robbie let go. Our white Persian looked like he had a bad makeup job in a horror movie with a red face and paws. The dog wasn't in too good of shape but our vet was only a block away so we rushed him there. He didn't make it and we got a vet bill for $300 (this was in the 60's). Mrs. Horowitz bought a bulldog.

The moral: Skip the little dogs and go straight to a real one.

One guy here in my town has a rat...err.. Chiuahuah
that's kind of cool he's an older guy and the dog goes everywhere with him
it sits on his shoulder like a parrot. It looks funny when he rides his Harley.
The women are attracted to the dog, so I guess it's a good lady lure.
The smallest I would ever want are the size of your Nemo

If you have to get it:
Practice saying "It's my girlfriends dog"
secretly train Nemo to attack rat-dogs
Tell the GF you want a Persian show cat

There's three ideas I'm sure you'll get others :laugh:

Bill

Compromise. Tell her you won't settle for anything short of a Spaniel. Then get at least a Boston Terrier. :D They are at least full of personality. With either a BT or Taco dog you are going to need a tiny sweater up there.

The Chihuahua will bark inceesently at everything. It honestly wont shut up if you live in an area where there is a lot of ambient noise, say like any city. Now if you live out in the boonies, it might be a little better. Some people love the little ankle bitters, I just cant see them as good pets. Now a Golden Retriever is a great pet.

Emo

AVB said:
[snapback]152488[/snapback]​

I couldn't agree more. I have a Great Dane and she is the best damn dog I've ever had. She's more laid back then Labs I've had and loves people. If you have room, LOL, go w/ a Dane. You won't regret it :love: The only drawback is they usually live 7-9 years.

I have always had a dog but I have noticed that as I get older the dogs get smaller. My first dog was a German Shepard and after he died I got a Lab then a Beagle. When I had to put the beagle down I said that I would never get another dog. But then a few weeks later my wife comes home with a Puddin' Jack Russell, which is just a small version of the Parsons great dog but lots of energy. You shold see the looks we get when I take her for a walk I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs. and smoking a cigar and she's 10" tall and weighs 10 lbs.. Anyways to make a long story short to curb the dogs energy or at least help it expend some of it we got a second JR. Best move I ever made. they both have the same temperment and love to play together. My only concern with getting a Chiuahuah is that they are pretty frail and Jacks can get rather aggresive when they play.

I won't have a dog under 100lbs, unless it's a little version of a dog that will grow to over 100 lbs.

The Chihuahua will bark inceesently at everything.

There is a small Chi chi that adopted the neighbors (we think it was left behind by a Marine that PCSed and didn't want the hastle (money, shipping, immunizations and quarantine) of taking the pe(s)t back to the US. It now camps out between our houses because the neighbors were stupid enough to feed it once. What Emo says is true. It never shuts up! It barks when I come home and continues barking at teh door long after I entered the house. My mom says it barks all day and if she weren't handicapped, she'd catch it to wring it's it's neck. The MPs can't (or won't) catch it.

If she gets the yapper, buy a shepard to eat it. Only good use it'll ever be anyway.

emodx said:
The Chihuahua will bark inceesently at everything. It honestly wont shut up if you live in an area where there is a lot of ambient noise, say like any city. Now if you live out in the boonies, it might be a little better. Some people love the little ankle bitters, I just cant see them as good pets. Now a Golden Retriever is a great pet.

Emo
[snapback]152496[/snapback]​

Emo,

Sorry, but the AKC termed 'ankle biter' is reserved for the weiner dog. Now, let's be a little more PC. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brother man, I would help you out here if I could, I hope you know that. But this Chee-Wah-Wah thing bites. Ain't good for a blasted thing cept barking (yapping). The sound of one of those damn yappy dogs going off, makes my teeth hurt. Unfortunately, if she has her mind set on it, you are out of luck bro. :(

Your best bet is to explain to her how much it will bark... And it will bark at a fly outside the window. Ask her how she is going to feel when this mutt barks all night long, keeping you up half the night. Then the next day you are going to be grumpy and miserable because you didnt sleep. This in turn will affect your relationship with her because you will be harbouring resentment to this god awful creature she has grown attached to. Relationships are about talking and compromise. Explain to her that you love her unconditionally and you don't want something as simple as a dog to cause stress between you two. If you can spin it as all lovey-dovey, you may get out of buyong her that overgrown barking rat, and win bonus points for being touchey feely. Just my .02 cents.

Emo

Explain to her because Paris Hilton has one, You would never let her tarnish her good name/reputation/image with getting one also. :whistling:

AVB said:
When I was about 12 we had some Persian show cats. They never went out of the apartment and just ate, slept and were brushed all the time and so grew to between 18-22 lbs each. One day Robbie (Robespierre) decided he wanted to see what was in the hall while we were bringing in groceries.

As he ran out into the hall the woman 2 doors down (Mrs.Horowitz) was coming home with her kick-me dog on a leash. Robbie had never seen another animal that small and knew it had to be something to eat. He ran at full speed and hit that dog like a lion on the hunt. Mrs. Horowitz started screaming, the dog was screaming, my stepmother was screaming, Robbie was doing his best to eat this dog and I was just mesmerized and unable to move.

Finally Mrs. Horowitz hit the combined rolling fur ball with her purse and Robbie let go. Our white Persian looked like he had a bad makeup job in a horror movie with a red face and paws. The dog wasn't in too good of shape but our vet was only a block away so we rushed him there. He didn't make it and we got a vet bill for $300 (this was in the 60's). Mrs. Horowitz bought a bulldog.

AVB, as someone who often laughs inappropriately, that's one of the funniest stories I have ever heard. LMFAO! :D

I had a Mexican Rat Dog once when I was growing up. One time I was bending over to pick it up. The little bastid bit my lower lip as I was standing up. There I was.....Standing there.....looking at this thing......dangling from my lip. :0

If you get one I suggest you protect your lips at all cost. :D

Okay here is my recommendation. We looked at a lot of breeds but ended up w/a Havanese, also a small dog (10-13lbs). They don't shed, great w/kids and people, and they love to cuddle!

AVB said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
GAWD help me I need oxygen, I'm laughing so hard :laugh:

I recommend a Republican dog. We just got one to replace my Hotdog/terrier mix that is aging fast. Doesn't shed and loves tghe kids.