• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I popped the question!

Congratulations! You did well on the ring selection.

I don't subscribe to the "don't go to bed angry." I've gotten into nearly all night arguments because of that. When 9 times out of 10, if you would have gone to bed instead, you'd wake up not remembering what you were mad at each other about.

My only advice is more a perspective thing that I like.

Love is the thing that makes a marriage (i.e. you fall in love, then get married) but years from now (could be many or could be few) you'll be fed up with each other and you'll find at that time that your marriage is making the love. In other words, that commitment you made will create love between you even though you might not "feel" it right then.

Marriage takes work. It's about forgiveness, getting over stupid small stuff, and just sticking by your best friend.

Also, yes, I recommend working out some of the "big items" like kids or no kids, religion, etc BEFORE the wedding. Some things like that can be hard to compromise on later in life.

Good luck! It will be the time of your life!
:thumbs:

Excellent advice....congrats!

Congratulations on your engagement!

Been married 28 years to an absolutely wonderful woman. She is the greatest earthly gift God has ever given me.

Always remember to let her know how much you love, appreciate, and adore her every single day.

Thank you gents for your well wishes and wise words, well most of you anyway. :sign:

I tell her I love her about 3x a day even if I haven't seen her in 48+ hours.

-Jimmy

I tell her I love her about 3x a day even if I haven't seen her in 48+ hours.

-Jimmy
Ahhhh..., that's so cute! :p

Hey, are you going to take a pre-marrage class? They are worth it. Places of Worship put on several classes over the course of a year.