• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Quit smoking

masterp0606

Well on March 31 2009 my dad and I finally quit smoking cigarettes. We were driving down the road talking about quitting and I said that I could do it and he agreed that it was time to quit so I threw the pack out the window. It has been a little bit of a battle because of stress, but there never really was a right time to quit because you always put it off. So needles to say I haven't had a cigar either but it doesn't mean I have quit, I am just waiting a little while so I don't use cigars as a crutch.

Congrats on taking the first step. Now for the fun part....... Wish you the best.

I quit last year, the first month was pretty tough, after that it was simple

Good to see you put down the cigarettes, I did the same thing back in 1987 after smoking 15 years and never looked back. If you get the want for a cig, fire up a cigar instead and after a few days you'll be fine....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I did it last year, and I also put off smoking cigars until I was comfortable with not smoking. Good luck!

I quit a year and a half ago, cold turkey (pack and a half of newports a day). The first 3 weeks is killer (takes 21 days to make or break a habit), but you'll get through it. Things like smoking in the morning, smoking in the car, and after meals will be tough, but theres a healthier life ahead of you, and even now, after 3 days or so, you should be noticing more smells and better tastes. Thats the best part.

I found Blow-Pops or celery sticks to be good replacements for when I was jonesing for a Marlboro.

July 10, 2001. Cold Turkey after 32 years. You can do it if you want to.

I quit in 1996 after about 20 years of pack-a-day Marlboros.

The patch got me through the first three days, then I broke out in hives! ??? Turned out I'm one of the 3% that's allergic to them.

After about a month, if I started to get bad cravings, I'd stave off the inevitable niccy fit with a cigar---drugstore variety mostly, like Garcia y Vega and Onyx. I found that one cigar would keep me craving-free for at least a week!

Then I discovered REAL cigars and the rest . . . well, let's just say I'm not saving any money off quitting anymore. :rolleyes:

~Boar

I quit a year and a half ago, cold turkey (pack and a half of newports a day). The first 3 weeks is killer (takes 21 days to make or break a habit), but you'll get through it. Things like smoking in the morning, smoking in the car, and after meals will be tough, but theres a healthier life ahead of you, and even now, after 3 days or so, you should be noticing more smells and better tastes. Thats the best part.

Congratulations! I don't think I could've said it better than Twizz. :rolleyes: Pretty much mirrors my experience right down to the brand and number smoked per day. He even stole my "it takes 21 days to break any habit" line. :laugh:

You'll do just fine. It really helps that you have a workout partner(dad), that way you guys can keep each other motivated. Good Luck!

Quit almost 5 years ago (10 year 1-2 packs a day) Was afraid to smoke a cigar for most of that time since I thought it would lead me back to the dark side. Cigars definitely haven't led me back to smoking cigarettes if anything they've turned me off cigarettes more.

Litterbug!

Stick to your guns. You don't need to quit smoking. You just need to postpone your next one. Smoke one, just that one cigarette that won't hurt, and you're still a smoker.

Thanks for the support guys. My dad quitting with me has made it easier on me, and we can keep an eye on each other since we work together.

Well on March 31 2009 my dad and I finally quit smoking cigarettes. We were driving down the road talking about quitting and I said that I could do it and he agreed that it was time to quit so I threw the pack out the window. It has been a little bit of a battle because of stress, but there never really was a right time to quit because you always put it off. So needles to say I haven't had a cigar either but it doesn't mean I have quit, I am just waiting a little while so I don't use cigars as a crutch.

But, but, think of the kids!!!! We need you to help fund SCHIP!!!!

Congrats on quitting!!!

Congrats on quitting! Stay stubborn and don't give in. Like others have said its the first month or so thats really difficult, but you can do it. I was up to 2-3 packs a day before quitting cold turkey a little over 2 years ago. One thing that really helped me with the cravings was strenuous exercise.

Recently I was out drinking with friends, and bummed a cigarette. It amazed me how absolutely dry and fowl tasting it was. Hang in there and stay determined!

Congrats, now it's my turn. With a new baby on the way that is my goal before it is born. I have been smoking for almost 20yrs now and I am overdue in quitting. Plus they really do taste like crap comared to cigars.

I wish you the best of luck.

Grats! going on 4 years myself. quit cigars for about 2years and getting back into them finaly! the first two weeks suck but after that it becomes much easier