• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I rolled the dice

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Well a few days back my company opened up 196 slots for Captain upgrades. We have a few different planes we fly. (37,40,50 seaters) same type rating which I fly. Then 70-88 seaters, which we started picking up about two years ago, they are a different type rating. That means a whole two months of training and sim time and a checkride. It also means a 1.5 hr drive to Indy where the planes are based out of. So being 350 out of 2000 and already a Captain I knew I would probably get the bigger plane and did. It might be until next summer before I get a class, or Jan. who knows. I had been on the same plane for 5 years and needed a change plus the shift is from smaller regional jets to bigger ones. Hopefully they will bring the 70 seater to Louisville in the near future and eliminate the drive. I figure it would motiviate me to get my applications out with the majors. Looking at FedEx, UPS first, I am tired of needy passengers. That is a whole other
story.

From this

LINK

to this

LINK

We shall see
Shane

Congrats Shane! You'll be in a DC 10-30 before you know it!

Nice Shane! Congrats, hope your check ride is un-eventfull.
Rob

Cool! :)

I always wanted to learn how to pilot an airplane. I think it would be very rewarding. Helicopters look like fun , too.

Congratulations on the upgrade. That drive to Indy isn't too bad as long as you keep both hands on the wheel and have eyes in the back of your head. :D (I-65 is a lot of fun. :rolleyes:)

Congratulation, friend Shane. A change of scenery is always cool....even more so when its at 37,000 feet..... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Very nice, Shane. Good job on the upgrade -- best of luck on the transition to packages over passengers! :thumbs:

Awesome to hear and good luck to you.

Added bonus, boxes never complain about turbulence.

Awesome Shane! Congrats! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: