• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I saw "Commander Cody" play this weekend

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
I don't know if any of you remember that hit from the early 1970's "Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen but this guy is STILL touring and doing shows in small venues. I had the chance to see him on December 13th in Hartford, CT.

I've got to say, it was a FANTASTIC show and it's great to see LIVE music in a small club which seems to be a lost art nowadays.

Commander Cody aka George Frayne and the rest of the band spent their off time socializing with everyone and I was able to have a great chat with him and the other members of the band.

They put on a great show and if he's ever in your area, try to make it to one of his shows. You won't be disappointed!!

toast.gif

I saw simon and garfunkel Sunday night...it's was pretty much incredible :D :D :D

(yes, I know I'm a little young, but I still really like them)

Ah, yes mhn, a buddy of mine saw them at the Mohegan Sun last week as well. He said is was FANTASTIC!!
I'm glad you got to see them!!
boldyellow.gif

Oooo, ooooooo!!! NICE show Roseysman
sun.gif

I've seen both of them so many times, I've lost count :thumbs:

Can't forget "Down to Seeds and Stems Again Blues"," Mama Hated Diesels", and "TOO MUCH FUN!"

Try to find the album "Live From Deep in the Heart of Texas" for a recorded expieriance.

AVB said:
Can't forget "Down to Seeds and Stems Again Blues"," Mama Hated Diesels", and "TOO MUCH FUN!"

Try to find the album "Live From Deep in the Heart of Texas" for a recorded expieriance.
Is that the same LP as "We've got a Live One Here", double record set. Those great non hits Mama Hated Diesels, Rose of San Antone, It Should Have Been Me, Seeds and Stems Again, Lost In The Ozone, Eighteen Wheels.

Yeah me and the old Commander go way back...

"Live From Deep in the Heart of Texas" is from 1974 and is (or was) one of Rolling Stones 500 best albums. "We've got a Live One Here" is from 1976 and is pretty good but not quite as much so.

The airmen are a fun group to watch for sure.
Was Col. Bruce Hampton with them by any chance?

Last concert experience was Billy Joel/Elton John earlier this yer.

"Live From Deep in the Heart of Texas"

Oh yeah, I GOT that one!! FANTASTIC CD to listen to in the car.

"Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette" 

You got it statelandman!! And they did that as part of the show as well as "Down to Seeds and Stems Again" & "Too Much Fun."

"Lightning Bar" & "Don't Let Go" are two of my favorites
jigga.gif

Mark Emerick (the Guitar player) told me to NOT ask Commander to do "Mama hated diesels" for some reason he doesn't like that song ???

Was Col. Bruce Hampton with them by any chance?
No, robbmt, I dunno what ever happened to him.
Yeah me and the old Commander go way back...
Alph, they're going to be in Glastonbury on January 17th. You ought to see if you can make it to the show :thumbs:

EXCELLENT !!

I moved my card game from 1/17 to 1/16 :thumbs: so I can make the show!

BTW Fast4Dr, cards at my house on Friday, January 16th, 7:00 p.m.

coventrycat86 said:
EXCELLENT !!

What club are they playin at? I can check Pravda, er the Advocate. Ski trip is for Tues- Fri the following week.

They're at the Irish American Home Society, 132 Commerce Street, Glastonbury.
Route 2 to Exit 8, left of exit, right on Oak Street, left on Commerce Street, phone 860-633-9691.

However, I just checked the website and the date was NOT on there :( So, I called the Irish Club and the guy told me the show is still on and he's getting details later today.

I'll keep you posted....... I HOPE the show has not been postponed or canceled

coventrycat86 said:
EXCELLENT !!

What hotels are in the area....might not wanna make the 2+ hr ride home after a night of cards

Fast4Dr said:
coventrycat86 said:
EXCELLENT !!

What hotels are in the area....might not wanna make the 2+ hr ride home after a night of cards
A quick browse turned up a Hampton Inn in Wethersfield, about 5 miles away $70 a night plus Gov Rowland's taxes. Don't start.

There's probably more...

Damn 158.54 miles from my office......3 long hours...might be tough for a Friday evening in Rush hour traffic, plus you guys start at 7pm....I wouldn't get there till well after 8pm :( Maybe next time

Oh Alph, I think Fast was talking about coming up for a card game not the Commander Cody show.

Hey fast,
I'll let you know the next time we play on a Saturday ;)

Oh, the show in Glastonbury on January 17th was EXCELLENT!!

It was actually a private party which is why they had removed it from the website. They sold me a ticket because they had a few left over ;)

Dinner was included and FREE BEER all night!!

Great set and they did all the good ones as usual.

Sorry ya couldn't make it Alph :( They didn't allow smoking in the main hall but we coulda snuck downstairs to the bar for a ceegar during the break between sets.