• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.

Bonus points from your resident English teacher if you get the reference.

88eaa92fbffa9d8126_1024px-MehganTheMermaid.jpg

On June 23, I retired from teaching, but let's face it---I was going to have all summer off anyway, so it didn't feel quite "real" until last Wednesday, when the rest of the Distance Learning department returned to our offices . . . and I stayed my old ass home! 😂

During that last week in June, a lot of colleagues asked me "So what are you going to DO?" and to be honest, I found the question really CONFUSING. Do? Isn't sleeping in, getting up & NOT going in to work enough? What do you mean, "do?"

not doing a damn thing.jpg

I mean, eventually, I might want a hobby, I guess. Right now that hobby is naps. So anyway, that's the news. 25 years in the trenches of public education, and managing to leave before they quite sucked ALL the fun, creativity, professional autonomy, common sense and actual learning out of it. But just barely.

~Boar

Yeah, retirement is different and you have to grow into it, but that will come. Enjoy the moment. You will find yourself missing and remembering the old days, more missing your friends etc. Relax, enjoy the moment, but note how you forget what day it is and notice that time seems to pass by more quickly.

Hey Boar - it has been a minute!

Congrats on your retirement! I am starting year 25 tomorrow.... well, students are back tomorrow but I've been back for two weeks doing all of the counselor-type stuff that we have before the year.

I look forward to the time that I can live all year like I'm on summer break! Am I jealous? You bet! :cool:

Congratulation! I'm jealous as all hell. I've got a couple more years but as soon as I can I'm gone....

Congrats! I can’t imagine what I’d do in retirement. I’ve always got something going on that I can’t get to the things I want to do already. I guess that means I would finish that stuff up, but after that first 6 months what would I do with the rest of my life. 😂

Hi Boar! I saw San Cristobal Fabulosos in my local's humidor the other day and they made me wonder how you've been.

Congratulations on your retirement.

Thanks for the well wishes, everybody! 🥹

I'm still very much in the "catching up on twenty-five years of too little sleep" mode & those afternoon naps are delicious. And LONG! 🤣

I'll try to check in more often!

~Boar

The two most under-appreciated and under-paid professions in our country: Law enforcement and teachers. Teachers are charged with the responsibility of educating our leaders of tomorrow, yet much of the country treats them as an afterthought. Makes me crazy. Thanks for the work you have done; enjoy your retirement.