• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I think I just had a weekend that competes againsts Wilkey's

hoshnasi

Hobbling hero
Saturday night I went to a friends house to play Rock Band. We had alot of fun till the end of the night. One of his buddies decided while we were talking about something in the news to side tackle me because he didn't agree with what I had to say. I was completely unprepared and my knee took all the force. The guy has some issues with his personal life and has alot to prove. At this point I'm pretty pissed off and decide to leave. My friend apologized, but damage was done. Little did I know this was only the beginning.

I walk out to my car to see that someone has backed into the driver side front quarter panel. Its still drivable, but the door sticks on opening and closing. Now, I'm more mad, especially because they didn't even leave a note :(

I head off on my way home and come to a complete stop on the freeway, traffic is complete dead-locked. After an hour the traffic starts moving, so I go to start my car. Its dead, the battery won't kick the engine over so on my bad knee in the rain in the middle of pissed off traffic I have to push my car to the side of the road. A police officer comes up and asks if I need help, but I'm already on the phone to AAA. He leaves without a second thought. Thirty minutes later a tow truck pulls up and I naively think he's from the AAA. I ask him "All I need is a jump, the car is completely fine." He replies in turn with "Do you have $20.00?" A little shocked I said "No, thats why I have AAA, aren't you from AAA?" While turning his back and walking away he said "Nope, have fun waiting."

Waiting I did. Almost three hours of waiting to be precise. I guess it was a busy night for accidents with it raining in Southern California and all. Rain makes us drive like morons down here. AAA called me back when they dispatched the driver to say "He can't find you." So again I have to leave my car in the rain (with my smashed knee) to find a road marker since I wasn't sure exactly where I was on the 405 after waiting for hours. While walking back to my car a police officer pulled up behind me he asked if I had anything to drink . I replied "Yes officer I have, it was about two hours before I left my friends and that was three hours ago, I've been waiting for AAA for that long." He was nice enough and left me to wait for the AAA to show up. Which they did about ten minutes later.

The AAA driver was maybe there for three minutes as he produced a jump battery hooked it up, I started my car and then I was off for home.

Sunday morning Leah to me to urgent care. Turns out I have a ripped PCL on my right knee. It could be ripped clean through which will require surgery, but the doctor said regardless we'll wait a few weeks to let the swelling and pain to subside. The really messed up part of this is that my wedding in October and we have dancing lessons till then. I'm going to be out of the classes for months and thats thinking positive. In all likely hood I won't even be able to dance at my wedding.

But at least I am alive, the tow truck driver told me the reason the traffic stopped initially was due to a fatal accident. That kinda put things into to perspective, so now when I'm dealing the car insurance, buying a new car battery or dealing with physical therapy for months after this weekend I'll be thankful that it wasn't a whole hell of alot worse.

Seems like there's a rough patch of bad luck goin' through CP lately. Definitely a bad weekend bro, sorry to hear about it.

I'd say you've got Wilkey beat, but that's just me. ;) Just try and focus on the positive things like your future wife and that it could have been worse or the box of opus's you've got in your humidor. :D Hope all goes smooth bro and wish you a speedy recovery.

Geez man, what a bummer. Look at it this way, from now on most days will look great by comparison.

Take care and better things will happen.

Fish

That sucks Josh! Sorry to hear that. The guy who hit you sounds like he has some major problems.

Good gosh, man. It wasn't a competition but you won anyway. ???

But seriously, I hope it turns out. Knee damage is rough.

Best,
Wilkey

Hey, sorry to hear about such a rough day. It is a shame some people are so thoughtless that hey would blind side you with a hit like that, especially when everyone is just hanging out playing a video game. Also, for someone to hit your car and not leave a note is almost as annoying.

Cheer up, at least it can't get any worse (hopefully).

dave

Good gosh, man. It wasn't a competition but you won anyway. ???

Oh, I wasn't looking to compete, just that I had a really shitty weekend. With that said, yes the guy is going through alot of personal issues. He is 23 and just had a divorce to a woman he has been with since highschool. It effected him pretty badly.

Man bro I hope the rest of year is over the top good to make up for all that!

Dude, I'm going to provide you all the smokes at the next herf. Your earned them.

Stinki

Sound like a bad one man. But like you said, always think on the bright side, cause some poor bastard out there has it a lot worse off, and always remember it can get worse. Having a positive outlook on things like you do is key to getting through times like these, and I applaud you sir for recognizing so. Get better now y'hear?

Yeah man thats a crappy weekend. Mine wasn't so hot as well. Cars tranny is toast, can't afford to fix it or get a new one until my motorcycle sells. Now I have to bum rides from people til the snow melts or I sell the bike. Shitty stuff.

Josh,

That is F'ed up bro, sorry to hear about your weekend. Hope things get better for you before the big day. :thumbs:

But at least I am alive, the tow truck driver told me the reason the traffic stopped initially was due to a fatal accident. That kinda put things into to perspective, so now when I'm dealing the car insurance, buying a new car battery or dealing with physical therapy for months after this weekend I'll be thankful that it wasn't a whole hell of alot worse.

Very tough weekend bro, but you certainly have the right outlook on things!