• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I think my wife hates you...

LikeAPuma

Since I joined the forum, I've stopped by the local B&M a few times & have received a couple of packages in the mail... My wife is suspect & blames it all on "you & those damn forums!" lol.

In reality, she's fine with my hobby, as long as I stay within our budget & don't smoke around my daughter.

The other day it was Heartfelt beads & a digital hygrometer, today it was a box of Mayorga Robusto's (like I said, budget!). Between Lagamm's bomb, the occasional B&M picks, & this box, my little 50 count is all filled up... So she won't be seeing anymore packages for a bit (but... A coolidor sounds so awesome)

I got the Mayorgas for those times I don't have the time to dedicate to a nicer cigar... The first one was pretty wet, so they'll be resting for a bit, if I can restrain myself.

Good luck with that bro. My wife hates everything about cigars. She has bought me only two boxes as gifts - one an Opus Lanceros and the other a box of La Escepcions. I haven't touched the Lanceros yet. Thinking about smoking one when she gives me attitude and tell her that she bought them for me! The Escepcions I will not taunt her with as these are just too good.

She actually doesn't mind me smoking... Just always gives me a look when I get a package or come home with a handful of sticks lol.

She actually tells me which ones she prefers, smell wise, & will sit out on the porch with me if it's nice out.

Even after many years my wife berates my hobby and the packages, and the time, and the forums.  I think she is jealous of the hobby because she thinks it takes time away from her.  I did it before we were married and will not waiver. :D

I feel like I'm stocked for a while now, only smoking a few a week. But if the funds show up AND I see good prices.... Well, the 50 count is full.... They have to go SOMEWHERE, right?

Keep your wife happy, try to make her a part of your hobby and don't exclude her. Buy her some flavored cigars and see if she enjoys them. My wife smokes a cigar with me once in a while and never complaints about anything I do related to cigars, and that includes how much money I spend on them. We usually go out to watch a movie or have dinner and then to the lounge to enjoy a cigar together.

My wife says, "Babe! What are you doing on your phone now?"
And I say, "The same thing as the last time you asked."
And she says, "you're obsessed!"
We have this exact conversation every other day, ; )

Cigars, hammock camping (oh yea), hiking, shooting, skiing, motorcycles, Mustangs... I join online forums to expand my knowledge, only to find out how much more is out there for me to buy & play with!

LikeAPuma said:
... So she won't be seeing anymore packages for a bit

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I think we all said that at one point....!

Back