• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I took in a JUDAS PRIEST concert tonight!

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Last night at our card game, one of my buddies says to me "Hey, you hear Priest is playing at the Mohegan Sun tomorrow night?" I had not heard so we got on the 'net only to find out the show is sold out :( These guys are just about my favorite heavy metal group from:
gb.gif

The card game crew were all freinds from high school and we used to see Judas Priest, Kiss, Iron Maiden, etc. when they toured 25 years ago. I figured I'd go down and just try to scalp a ticket but this afternoon, I get a phone call from one of they guys at the card game, "Hey, I got two free tickets that Frank's brother-in-law can't use 'cause he's got the flu and if no one uses the tickets, they will CHARGE his comp card the full amount, you wanna go?"

Heck of a deal, we get free tickets AND the guy who gave them to use figures WE are doing him a favor :0 :p :D

Great show, 1 hour & 40 minutes. 17 songs (if anyone is acutally THAT intersted, I have the play list) and my ears are still ringing :D

I bought one of the overpriced concert tee-shirts for $25.00 and made exactly that at the craps table. :thumbs:

So, free concert, free tee-shirt, GREAT MUSIC (well I'm sure there's a few of you who'll disagree :p ) and two cigars, an SC El Principe for the ride down and an Qunitero Brevas for the ride home ;)

All in all, a pretty good night :thumbs:

Sounds great CC, JP was one of my favorites as well. I remember seeing them in Frankfurt, Germany back in November of 1998. I bet they still rock like they use too...... :D :thumbs: :p

....... oh my god, it's morning again. :D

I saw JP back in the early 80's it's always been one of my favorite shows. they were in the area this summer wish i had had the tie to go and see them it sounds like they still put on a great show

Good for you Bill. I cant say that this group or genre is my type of music, but glad to hear you had a great time. And the price was right as well.

I get off the heavy metal bus at the VanHalen stop. My wife and I did go to a KISS concert about 3 years ago, but mearly to people watch. It would be a stretch to say I really enjoyed the show, but....to each his own! Kind of ironic, my signature line quote comes from a KISS song, go figure. :D

JV

I saw JP in Memphis in the early eighties. The sound quality stands out in my mind. It was so clear and loud.

You got another thing commin............ :D

Sounds like a good night and good cigars for the ride.
Why didn't you call me? :D
I like JP it's nice to hear they can still rock.

Bill

JP is also one of my favorite groups though I'll give the nod to Iron Maiden as my faves from jolly old England. I've seen them both about a half dozen times. Never been disappointed. And I would be interested in the playlist (PM or post). Sounds like a great night Bill :thumbs:

Here's the play list:
Electric Eye – (Screaming for Vengeance)
Metal Gods – (British Steel)
Heading Out to the Highway - (Point of Entry)
The Ripper - (Sad Wings of Destiny)
A Touch of Evil - (Painkiller)
The Sentinel – (Defenders of the Faith)
Diamonds and Rust – (Sin After Sin)
Victim of Changes – (Sad Wings of Destiny)
Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown) – (Hell Bent For Leather)
Breaking the Law (British Steel)
Painkiller - (Painkiller)
Turbo Lover – (Turbo)
Beyond the Realms of Death (Stained Class)
ENCORE:
Hell Bent for Leather – (Hell Bent for Leather)
Living After Midnight – (British Steel)
United - (British Steel)
You’ve Got Another Thing Coming – (Screaming for Vengeance)

I too am a big Iron Maiden fan and just missed seeing them in NYC in January :( I used to see them warm up for Priest :0 now THOSE were great shows :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
...and two cigars, an SC El Principe for the ride down and an Qunitero Brevas for the ride home ;)
But what did you roll....err, smoke during the concert? :p

Oi mates! Don't tell me you have forgotten the fact that we here in Australia hold title to the greatest, balls-to-the-wall, nitro-burning rock and roll on the planet. Need a refresher? Here:

ac-dc2.jpg

:D :D :D

Hope you blokes are all doing aces. I just got back home from a long haul and am beat beyond all that is holy. So, off to sleep I go. Cheers mates.

Love the AC/DC stuff with Bon, don't like the Brian Johnson stuff as much. Definately one of the best either way, though!

Oh yeah Brett, AC DC is another one of my favorites too :thumbs:

I hope they'll do another tour sometime, I missed them the last time out and I had heard rumors that it would be their last :(

Back in the early 80's there were two AC DC tribute bands that played the local bars around here, I used to go see them quite often and I've seen AC DC in concert at least six times :)

Great play list. Beyond the Realms of Death is such a great song. Halford kills in the chorus.

Speaking of tribute bands has anyone seen any of the all female tributes? I've seen a couple:

Helles Belles - AC/DC Bon Scott era
A/C D/She - AC/DC Brian Johnson era
Iron Maidens - Uh, self explanatory :D

A couple of the chicks in Iron Maidens were fine too :love:

I saw AC/DC in 1979 in a venue that seated about 1000 people. I was on the second row when it started. After it got started I was toutching the stage. It was pretty cool to be that close. Every one in the band except the drummer slapped my hand at the end of the show. Never will forget that one. :D

I had fun with this passing some down time Dancing Bush
Seems like this is a good thread to attach it to
CC play some JP and get your man to Boogie :D

Bill

wam79 said:

Bill
OMG!, that is so hilarious!, it would've made for a better convention had he busted a move and gave a good James Brown yelp while doing the splits in NYC. :D

SFG75 said:
wam79 said:

Bill
OMG!, that is so hilarious!, it would've made for a better convention had he busted a move and gave a good James Brown yelp while doing the splits in NYC. :D
OWWWWW, I FEEL GOOD :D