• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

i tried some new craft brews lately

alphaiii

I've had the following craft brews recently:

Magic Hat #9 - really liked, but don't think I couldn't drink it all night

Victory Lager - good stuff

Victory Hop Devil - also good stuff

Victory Prima Pils - not bad, but I like the previous 2 better

Victory Golden Monkey - I can't quite form an opinion yet. I like it but I don't at the same time. I haven't been a fan of any Belgian style brews that I've tried, but there is still something about this beer that appeals to me.

Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale - pretty decent, first pale ale I've had

I have quite a few more craft brews on the "To Try" list - brews from Great Lakes, Stoudt's, Troeg's, Magic Hat, and Penn (not sure if this is considered a craft brewery).

If anyone can tell me where to find Magic Hat brews in Pittsburgh, I'd be appreciative. One of the local beer distributor owners said he's been trying to get some in but can't for whatever reason. I wondered if this was the case throughout the state or not. It wouldn't make much sense to me since I had the Magic Hat in Baltimore, so I don't see why a distributor couldn't get it around here.

alphaiii said:
I've had the following craft brews recently:

Magic Hat #9 - really liked, but don't think I couldn't drink it all night

Victory Lager - good stuff

Victory Hop Devil - also good stuff

Victory Prima Pils - not bad, but I like the previous 2 better

Victory Golden Monkey - I can't quite form an opinion yet. I like it but I don't at the same time. I haven't been a fan of any Belgian style brews that I've tried, but there is still something about this beer that appeals to me.

Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale - pretty decent, first pale ale I've had

I have quite a few more craft brews on the "To Try" list - brews from Great Lakes, Stoudt's, Troeg's, Magic Hat, and Penn (not sure if this is considered a craft brewery).

If anyone can tell me where to find Magic Hat brews in Pittsburgh, I'd be appreciative. One of the local beer distributor owners said he's been trying to get some in but can't for whatever reason. I wondered if this was the case throughout the state or not. It wouldn't make much sense to me since I had the Magic Hat in Baltimore, so I don't see why a distributor couldn't get it around here.
[snapback]164686[/snapback]​
Are you in Baltimore or were you just visiting? There are talks of having another herf in Baltimore some in March or April.
Emo

emodx said:
Are you in Baltimore or were you just visiting? There are talks of having another herf in Baltimore some in March or April.
Emo
[snapback]164718[/snapback]​

I was just visiting. I live in Pittsburgh.

If you can't find it here, you won't find it in the Pittsburgh area.

AVB said:
If you can't find it here, you won't find it in the Pittsburgh area.
[snapback]164798[/snapback]​

Thanks AVB. I checked there and Pittsburgh Bottleshop Cafe and neither have it.
D's said they had it before but havent been able to get any more. Just my luck to find a beer I like but can't get where I live.

I was down in Chapel Hill, NC over the weekend and was able to try Carolina Brewing Company's Pale Ale and Oatmeal Stout. Both are very good brews. Too bad I know I won't be finding those in Pittsburgh either.

I tried some others lately.

Troeg's Oatmeal Stout - great brew, only 2nd oatmeal stout I've tried and this is the better of the two

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale - good, but very heavy on the spices, like liquid pumpkin pie; not a beer I could drink often or in large quantities

Dogfish Head 60 Min IPA - another very good beer; along with HopDevil, turning on my appreciation for IPA's

Spaten Oktoberfest - I hated this, had a skunky taste

Penn Marzen - not bad, but not great either

Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale - a good easy drinking beer, but I'd rather have an IPA over an american pale ale