• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I WANNA DO A PASS !!

gibu

Guys,

I was just in the open pass section and its still the same old ones that aren't getting off the ground. I would start a pass but my collection is pretty low end and I've never done one before. Shurly we have some pros around here just itchin to do a pass. I think I could scrape up a couple good ones to at least participate in a pass.

Come on guys lets do it for the team!!

Time to suck it up!!

Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!!

More and more corny sayings til I run out and just start whining!!!

Come on guuuuyyyyysssss..................

I'm going get a pass going soon. Just waiting on a couple orders to come in.

I'll post something in "Open cigar passes" as soon as they arrive.

Nick

Summer isn't a good time to do a pass. Higher temps tend to bring out the beetles. Doing some experiments with a foam lined box and some gelpacks. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

So, I guess I shouldn't be starting a pass right now.... ???

Bombing runs are fun and wars develop sometimes from them. They can be just as much fun as a pass can be, even though the motivation is a little different. I enjoy making people smile and sharing some good smokes, so bombings work for me. Sometimes you get bombed back, which anyone can tell you always is a nice suprise when it happens. Sometimes you don't, which is no bother if you had pure motives of simply sharing and making people smile in the first place.

Nice thing about bombs is that they can be delivered in a couple short days usually, so even in summer they don't damage the cigars from the heat if you pack them good.

Speaking of bombing I need to plot my next runs :sign: :sign:

Sam

I like the way you think Sam. It's fun to share cigars with someone unknowing. I have not done it here...yet, since I am new an do not who the deserving "players" are yet. But, their time is a coming...

Box passes are best left for the cooler times of the year... 80+ here in NorCal already.

I enjoy making people smile and sharing some good smokes, so bombings work for me. Sometimes you get bombed back, which anyone can tell you always is a nice suprise when it happens. Sometimes you don't

Your not talking about me are you Sam
newangel.gif

Mr. Robusto said:
I like the way you think Sam. It's fun to share cigars with someone unknowing. I have not done it here...yet, since I am new an do not who the deserving "players" are yet. But, their time is a coming...
The best is when you are able to do this face to face with someone and introduce them to a cigar they have never had and watch their face as they discover the cigar for themself if they light up with you at a herf.

When it comes to "deserving" players, I really just pick on those who I have seen participate a lot and for whatever reason feel at least some repore has started between us. I never do it with expectation back and sometimes I just choose someone at random and who happens to be logged in at the same time I am deciding who I am going to bomb (in my bombing run, one person was selected simply because when I was looking for addy's he happened to be the only other member logged in at the time with me).

I degress though, bombing is simply fun to be a part of one way or the other and it is even fun to sit back and watch the antics of those involved. Now what is truly fun to sit back and watch if not participate in, is a full out war - and if done right and with the right people is simply amazing to watch.

Sam

ParaGod said:
I enjoy making people smile and sharing some good smokes, so bombings work for me. Sometimes you get bombed back, which anyone can tell you always is a nice suprise when it happens. Sometimes you don't

Your not talking about me are you Sam
newangel.gif
You PG are a back stabbing traitor who snuck a bomb on me that does require retalliation one day :angry:

Sam

By the way enjoying the smokes brother ;)

If someone decides to do a box pass, just keep it short and sweet. 5 players max. Each cigar individually wrapped, medium of the line sticks, maybe 15-20. Hold it on Fridays and Saturdays. Just my 2 cents.

Emo

i love sharing cigars with others! :D i wouldn't exactly call my hits a bomb, (because i don't have the inventory that some of these f.o.g.'s have), but i know how i feel when i get gars in the mail by surprise so i just hope the people i send to feel that way also.
here's what kind of cigar nerd i am. when my wife and i go walking in our neighborhood i carry 3 or 4 cigars with me in a baggie. so if we end up talking to a neighbor or meeting someone new in the neighborhood i'm prepared to share if they show an interest. :D

that's right, she thinks i'm nuts but who cares. i'm hoping to maybe find a neighborhood cigar buddy instead of always sitting on my patio alone. :(

gws3 said:
i love sharing cigars with others! :D i wouldn't exactly call my hits a bomb, (because i don't have the inventory that some of these f.o.g.'s have), but i know how i feel when i get gars in the mail by surprise so i just hope the people i send to feel that way also.
here's what kind of cigar nerd i am. when my wife and i go walking in our neighborhood i carry 3 or 4 cigars with me in a baggie. so if we end up talking to a neighbor or meeting someone new in the neighborhood i'm prepared to share if they show an interest. :D

that's right, she thinks i'm nuts but who cares. i'm hoping to maybe find a neighborhood cigar buddy instead of always sitting on my patio alone. :(
I hear your woes brother. I know very few at home that I can spend time with smoking cigars except for on the rare occassion. Would be nice to have a herfing buddy that you saw more than once very couple of months or longer.

Sam

You PG are a back stabbing traitor who snuck a bomb on me that does require retalliation one day

Sam

By the way enjoying the smokes brother

I can feel the love
luvlove.gif

I just signed on the board today and already sent a "ten pack" out. Looks like this is going to be a lot of fun in the future. Great group of smokers.

I hear your woes brother. I know very few at home that I can spend time with smoking cigars except for on the rare occassion. Would be nice to have a herfing buddy that you saw more than once very couple of months or longer.

Sam[/QUOTE]
I'm right there with you guys.

My best smoking buddy moved to Mississippi last summer and man was that a bummer. Fortunatly my Brother enjoys cigars but he drives over the road and is down only every other weekend usually. The problem is that cigars are always better with someone else, ALWAYS. And even better if its at a barbeque. I guess Im just going to have to suck it up so to speak and do more non-social puffing.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I started a couple passes last summer and participated in more - no bugs as far as I knew of...

Maybe it's time to get one rolling..... :lookup:

Yeah I've been hoping one opens up for awhile. I'm looking forward to being a part of my first pass.